General Jan transfer window

Thanks. Wasn’t sure.
It’s a bit like someone with dual nationality say England/Scotland the player is picked for Scotland and the player isn’t a youth player and is on the bench doesn’t come on and before the next international match the player suddenly shows himself to be a Ronaldo type player we England can call him up as could Scotland and then it’s the players decision.

The suggestion was that the reason the Fosu deal took so long to complete was down to his contract and haggling over a release clause.

Holland to join the U’s this week?

EHwY6ndW4AEWRfs

Browne would get into the team ahead of Sykes. 100%. Robinson rates him highly enough that I think he would likely be one of the first names on the team sheet most weeks.

With you on that, like Albert Ayler an unruly genius on his day.

So if we were to sell Baptiste how much do we really think we could get for him 10m or a lot less I think he could become a player a lot like dele at Spurs

Unless the rules have changed, we can only play 5 loans at any one time and we currently have 3 with Matty Taylor, George Thorne and Ben Woodburn.

Now Thorne and Woodburn are currently injured but at least Woodburn is expected to be back before the end of the season. I would assume unless we are further ahead on a permanent right back then 1 loan place would need to be kept open for that which then limits our options. Holland would be a loan obviously (if it happens), then chuck in Liam Kelly (if it happens) and now people are talking about Marcus Browne as well.

So assuming all those sign on loan we'd have:

Matty Taylor - a regular
Ben Woodburn - When fit will be in the 1st team matchday squad imo.
Nathan Holland - I'd assume a regular part of the 1st team matchday squad.
Liam Kelly - Like Holland, I'd assume part of the 1st team matchday squad.
George Thorne - KR didn't rule this out as being extended and I doubt he'd come back to be part of our u23s/back up to the back up players.
Marcus Browne - I'd assume part of the 1st team matchday squad

Then the potential need for a right back if a permanent deal for a right back isn't done.

I can't see how they all fit which makes me think Thorne won't be renewed (however cheap) unless we can get nobody else in like Liam Kelly. Likewise, I can only see somebody like Browne coming in on loan if we didn't get Holland or it is late in the window and we have got a permanent right back. This doesn't even take into account that iirc, KR has said he wants a striker as well which could well be required to be a loan.
Unless Matty Taylor signs a permanent deal with us this window;-)

I though KR said recently that he was still keen to extend or maybe sign Thorne?

So if we were to sell Baptiste how much do we really think we could get for him 10m or a lot less I think he could become a player a lot like dele at Spurs
I'd be happy with 5million plus a hefty sell on clause and loaned back for rest of the season.

I'm not an expert but I could not imagine Oxford getting anywhere near that. He has bags of potential but he has had two serious injuries at such a young age, with one being a knee. Surely this would be a factor in any sale?

Surely that’s unrealistic given the number of appearances made.
That said his goals have been a bit special. Personally I hope we can keep him, Fosu and sign Taylor permanently.
Browne would be good to have too

£10m would make him the most expensive player ever to move from a League 1 club. More than Fabian Delph’s £8.5m move from Leeds to Villa.

I think we all know that any bids of £2-3m would be sent packing, anything north of £5m would have us sat at the negotiating table.

Shandon Baptiste has been in great form over the last month. If we were to sell, I think the deal would be a lower amount up front and a lot more emphasises on appearances with a future club sell on clauses etc. He is contracted with us for another three and half years a great move by Robinson, personally I think his value would increase if he stayed with until the end of the season and got a few more appearances under his name. He has only started 13 league games for us.

Career

CLUB​
FROM​
TO​
FEE​
LEAGUE​
FA CUP​
LGE CUP​
OTHER​
APPS​
GLS​
APPS​