General Jan transfer window

Man City still havent replaced Vincent Kompany and Dickie had Sterling in his back pocket recently. Just saying....

A £5M deal with Dickie being lent back to us for the rest of the season, along with one or two other Man City starlets might suit all parties?
Apart from the fact he scored 2 and missed a 1 on 1.

• Haha
Reactions: Ian
Love to keep him here. I’ve heard from someone local to me he shares digs in Wokingham with Cameron Brannagan.

I've heard a team in the top 8 of the championship have made a bid, so that's not Derby. Hopefully a bidding war starts and if we do lose him we get a big chunk plus add ons.
"So, what was the final outcome?"
"We've given him to Derby County."
"So, at least he stays in the country."
"Oh, that's nice, innit? No, you Wally! What was the final score? What exactly did he go for?"
"So that's just over... 4 million"
"Well we've had worse days, haven't we?
"Oh yeah... You want to go first or should I?"
"Why don't we go together?" "Yeah, alright."

One, two, three.

hqdefault.jpg

Brannagan lives in Bicester and he shares with Woodburn

Dickie lives and owns a house in the Reading area with his family thats what I have been told previously. But money talks and if the club gets offered anything near 4 million expect him to go. Yes he could stay with us and get promoted, but if we don't get promoted his value in the summer would drop considerably and we would be lucky to get 1 million for him.

Love to keep him here. I’ve heard from someone local to me he shares digs in Wokingham with Cameron Brannagan.
Cameron Brannagan lives in Bicester with Simon Eastwood and Woody when he was here.

Dickie lives and owns a house in the Reading area with his family thats what I have been told previously. But money talks and if the club gets offered anything near 4 million expect him to go. Yes he could stay with us and get promoted, but if we don't get promoted his value in the summer would drop considerably and we would be lucky to get 1 million for him.
Dickie would still have a year on his contract next summer. If there was just one club in for him then he possibly might go for £1 million... But there will be a whole host of clubs after him, so a bidding war will no doubt take place. I'd expect him to go for at least the same amount in the summer.

Can't we send Jake Humphrey to do Dickie's medical and fitness tests and hope nobody notices

Dickie would still have a year on his contract next summer. If there was just one club in for him then he possibly might go for £1 million... But there will be a whole host of clubs after him, so a bidding war will no doubt take place. I'd expect him to go for at least the same amount in the summer.

But his performances may drop, if we fade away and miss out on the play offs he won't be worth as much as he is now. January is the time when Premier and championship teams get a bit desperate and will ultimately pay more just to get the player through the door. We will see how the board reacts to this, they might have said no one is for sale and going anywhere, but in any buisness everything is for sale at the right price.

But his performances may drop, if we fade away and miss out on the play offs he won't be worth as much as he is now. January is the time when Premier and championship teams get a bit desperate and will ultimately pay more just to get the player through the door. We will see how the board reacts to this, they might have said no one is for sale and going anywhere, but in any buisness everything is for sale at the right price.
Alternatively, he could get better and achieve automatic promotion. He'd then have a higher tag.

No way would he drop from 4 to 1 million.

Dickie was excellent on New Year’s Day as he has been most of the season, I don’t recall him losing a header, he glided past the Donny front line on many occasions (he did lose the ball twice but they were both free kicks that we didn’t get).
You tend to get more time at the back in the championship and higher to bring the ball out and that is certainly what he was impressing in the last game,
We are a selling club, we always have and always will be, it happens, Karl Robinson has turned him into a player that was prone to mistakes and poor distribution into what could be our highest transfer fee received in history...
Recent players including Roofy, Callum, Lundstram and Marvin Johnson have all gone for good money in the last few seasons, Rob Dickie’s transfer fee could beat the lot of them added together....

Back
Top Bottom