General Jan transfer window

Hope your right ( again ) EC. To lose Dickie is bad enough but the 3 maybe 4 would be unthinkable.

Gorrin is a destroyer and Kelly a deeply lying playmaker. Different roles.

They may well be very different players but they operate in the same area of the pitch - it would be tough to put both in the same starting 11 surely? Two deep lying central midfielders didn’t really work when we tried it earlier in the season, and Gorrin really flourished once he was given that space all to himself

• React
Reactions: Ian
Any idea of the clubs interested and fees involved? Hope we have a replacement lined up. Mous and Moore are quality but Dickie is a class above.
Derby, as has been mentioned, are the team seriously looking at Dickie

As I understand it; Cam and Baptiste are highly highly unlikely to leave in January. Dickie is the concern and I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see him move on.

Obviously not ideal BUT...........you'd rather go shopping for a central defender (who generally don't command big fees) rather than looking to replace quality midfielders who are a little harder to get hold of.

Obviously not ideal BUT...........you'd rather go shopping for a central defender (who generally don't command big fees) rather than looking to replace quality midfielders who are a little harder to get hold of.
Agree - Moore has looked good so he may well move up into the starting eleven with the next Dickie signed to cover

I have been saying for ages that we need a big target man to give us an extra option as well as someone who can actually head in the numerous crosses we put into the box.

Man City still havent replaced Vincent Kompany and Dickie had Sterling in his back pocket recently. Just saying....

A £5M deal with Dickie being lent back to us for the rest of the season, along with one or two other Man City starlets might suit all parties?

Robbo has talked about adding pace and power to the side...how about Bright Enobakhare...just been recalled by Wolves and is now looking for another loan move after things not working out at Wigan

Robbo has talked about adding pace and power to the side...how about Bright Enobakhare...just been recalled by Wolves and is now looking for another loan move after things not working out at Wigan
Was very good for Coventry, wouldn’t be surprised to see him return there tbh.

The mad season kicks in again, people on here etc can put all sorts of value/figures on our players but everything is subjective, when all you will hear is it was a good deal for all concerned-couldn't stand in his way etc it will matter not whether you i or any other fan believe we should have said no or got alot more.

if these clubs in the league we aspire to be in cannot be told nobody is for sale then we may as well all give up..When players join we are constantly told about our ambition etc so keep the squad together as opportunities like this don't come your way very often and it's time to dispense with the short term gain scenario and think Long Term for once.

Obviously we don't want to lose anyone, particularly not Dickie, Bran, Baptiste or Gorrin.

If we HAVE to lose one, in Dickies case we have Moore to step straight into centre back and Nico Jones in cover whilst we can look for a replacement.

I'm almost certain Baptiste will leave in the summer, but he's developing so fast this season it might be brilliant for him to stay until the summer. His price tag is rising every game.

Brannagan is pivotal to how we move the ball, keep the ball and go forward. Gorrin is essential to us defending and we suddenly look vulnerable without him in the team.

Back
Top Bottom