General Jan transfer window

We are towards the top of our league, have given Man City a good run out on the TV and have built up a solid reputation. We should be thankful that we are in a position where our best players are performing well enough to attract attention from other clubs. Similarly, we are also a good draw for Prem academy sides, those from higher leagues looking for a move and potential signings from lower leagues...it works both ways!

However the squad looks in February, in KR we trust!

The only way I see anyone leaving is if they kick off and force a move through, which I can’t see happening with this squad.

Nothing about it on their fans forum but plenty of comments about no money and the loan from India has been wasted, so probably nothing other than a news outlet saying who Mowbray should look at.

Blackburn was mentioned on one of the sports news programs the other day about how much debt there in and could be in serious trouble. So very unlikely he would go there.
Blackburn were after him in the summer. It would explain why we are so keen on Liam Kelly who plays the same role.

This is how id like January to go all the players linked with moves away should come out and state we are not leaving and giving oxford at least until the end of the season as we took huge punts on some of these lads. End of the season were either be promoted together and give players better contracts or don't make the cut and allow players to move to pastures new, would be silly of Dickie and co to think playing for a mid table championship team is the be all and end all plus its cold up north :) oh I don't think the chicken chasers Blackburn can afford gorrin anyway imagine rothwells face if gorrin goes to them and takes his place :)

1577976692150.png

Not sure how Blackburn can afford to splash out 2/3million on a player like Gorrin when they are operating on losses that add up to nearly 400k a WEEK.

Off ya f**k. On to the next rumour...

Hurry up February!

in all seriousness if we’re loosing players to Blackburn then I don’t think we’re taking promotion very seriously. How long has Gorrin got in his deal?

We gave him a 2+1 deal this summer: https://www.oufc.co.uk/news/2019/june/alex-rodriguez-gorrin/

If players are thinking of leaving in January then that’s a very short sighted view from them/their agents

Wouldn’t have too many qualms with players communicating internally that they’ll see the season out but don’t want the club standing in their way come the summer should promotion not happen

I actually expect the latter to be an agreed understanding between the club and several of our players attracting interest

All of our assets are tied to decent contracts. Dickie, Brannagan, Baptiste, Gorrin. We have been watched by scouts and teams up the pyramid since the turn of the season - we have a squad that has considerable assets. If you simply tally up (worst case) for Dickie (2mill), Brannagan (4/5mill), Baptiste (7/8mill)...that doesn't include Fosu or Gorrin!

Will be a testing month but this speculation will be pretty consistent

I don't believe we have Scotchegg under contract, and I fear he may be poached.

As I understand it; Cam and Baptiste are highly highly unlikely to leave in January. Dickie is the concern and I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see him move on.
Any idea of the clubs interested and fees involved? Hope we have a replacement lined up. Mous and Moore are quality but Dickie is a class above.

Back
Top Bottom