General Jan transfer window

You say that but EC yellow seems to generally be spot on and Scotchegg is not miles off
EC speaks in absolute specifics with unfailing accuracy. From what I gather other users seemingly speak very broadly and don’t always get into the detail, and even when they do it’s very hit and miss. It’s amazing the impression you can give with such broad strokes.

Put it this way - some people at the club are interested in knowing who certain posters are, but not others. There’s a reason for that.

EC speaks in absolute specifics with unfailing accuracy. From what I gather other users seemingly speak very broadly and don’t always get into the detail, and even when they do it’s very hit and miss. It’s amazing the impression you can give with such broad strokes.

Put it this way - some people at the club are interested in knowing who certain posters are, but not others. There’s a reason for that.
Interesting.
I hope that doesnt stop EC Yellows posting ( from somebody clearly not remotely in the know)

I'm confused. What are you getting at?

There will always be people in any organisation who share information that they perhaps shouldn't. Some directly, some indirectly. This can be as explicit as player x is signing today or more generic about the general going ons behind the scenes.

In the summer I heard that we were seriously looking at Elliott Moore and posted that we were looking to bring in a highly regarded player that had flown under the radar up until then. I hadn't heard of Moore at that point, and didn't mention his name because I didn't want to compromise my source.

Some people may fine that what I post has some value, others may think it is a load of horseshit. Either way, that is your choice. The transfer window would be boring if it wasn't for all the speculation and counter speculation. I'll leave others to judge come February if I'm to be believed or not!

But as a starter, I expect Liam Kelly to sign in the next week (to replace Thorne/Woodburn and Hanson who will go out on loan I believe).

Last edited:
There will always be people in any organisation who share information that they perhaps shouldn't. Some directly, some indirectly. This can be as explicit as player x is signing today or more generic about the general going ons behind the scenes.

In the summer I heard that we were seriously looking at Elliott Moore and posted that we were looking to bring in a highly regarded player that had flown under the radar up until then. I hadn't heard of Moore at that point, and didn't mention his name because I didn't want to compromise my source.

Some people may fine that what I post has some value, others may think it is a load of horseshit. Either way, that is your choice. The transfer window would be boring if it wasn't for all the speculation and counter speculation. I'll leave others to judge come February if I'm to be believed or not!

But as a starter, I expect Liam Kelly to sign in the next week (to replace Thorne and Hanson who will go out on loan I believe).
Liam Kelly is a great signing. I take it Thorne is going to be recalled be Derby and sent out on loan to another side? Such a shame. When fit, he is different class.

Liam Kelly is a great signing. I take it Thorne is going to be recalled be Derby and sent out on loan to another side? Such a shame. When fit, he is different class.
Totally agree. We might look to keep some interest should Thorne get fit again, but I'm not sure he'll be playing anytime before February/March so looking at other options.

Do the club actually monitor this forum?

I expect Liam Kelly to sign in the next week (to replace Thorne/Woodburn and Hanson who will go out on loan I believe).
That makes sense. Hanson has been conspicuous by his absence, Woodburn will only be back towards the end of the season (if ever) and signing Thorne was always a bit speculative and hasn't worked out.

Totally agree. We might look to keep some interest should Thorne get fit again, but I'm not sure he'll be playing anytime before February/March so looking at other options.

If available and fit, I wouldn't be against us signing him permanently in the summer!

If hes not going to be playing again until later in the season, maybe he can go back to Derby to recover from his injury and then sign with us in the summer when we win the league? ?

Uh oh, look out @ECYellow, don't get caught in a Colleen Rooney/Rebekah Vardy'esque sting by the club!!!!!

Good news on your Liam Kelly info any bad news coming very kind of Derby to recall Thorne and get him off our wage bill

Good news on your Liam Kelly info any bad news coming very kind of Derby to recall Thorne and get him off our wage bill

I'm pretty sure his wages have been covered by insurance since the injury, so he hasn't been a worry wages wise.

Regarding bad news, my gut feeling is that Brannagan and Baptiste will stay, and hopefully Dickie too (but he's the risk). I suspect that there will be a few enquires to test our resolve, but I believe that we have clear valuations that we won't drop below and it will take really serious bids (club records) to see anyone leave.

Back
Top Bottom