General Jan transfer window

Antoine Semenyo could be worth a look raw pace. Sunderland have confirmed interest in him though. I’m sure I read Hunter is set to join a L2 side.

Dickie would be completely wasted in the Champ. Hes easily capable of lower/mid premiership.

But sometimes add ons are effectively a waste of time, some are ok but some aren’t

It really isn’t. The important thing would be the add-ons.
There are not many players who have gone for more than £3m from league 1, so you're right that it is more or less the market value. The only difference would be if we really didn't want to sell, but a team (Derby?) really wanted him now. Even then, I would think it would be more likely that we would negotiate a much better package of add-ons to make it worthwhile. If we're talking about Derby, they are 20th in the Championship. So we could ask for an extra £250k if they stay up, and £500k if promoted to PL. Then appearance bonuses for 25/50/100 games, and finally, a big sell on fee for his next two transfers. That could net Oxford a big chuck of money if he is as successful as we would hope. It would also show that we are investing in the future development of our players, even after they've moved on. This makes us an attractive club for clubs higher up the pyramid and will help us bring in young talent knowing that we will support them with moves when appropriate.

All of that aside, I'm still far from convinced that we will lose anyone this January. The feeling within the camp is that we will get promoted, and I think the desire to have that on their cv, whilst maybe looking at even better deals in the summer, will help keep the team together.

There are not many players who have gone for more than £3m from league 1, so you're right that it is more or less the market value. The only difference would be if we really didn't want to sell, but a team (Derby?) really wanted him now. Even then, I would think it would be more likely that we would negotiate a much better package of add-ons to make it worthwhile. If we're talking about Derby, they are 20th in the Championship. So we could ask for an extra £250k if they stay up, and £500k if promoted to PL. Then appearance bonuses for 25/50/100 games, and finally,ahat could net Oxford a big chuck of money if he is as successful as we would hope. It would also show that we are investing in the future development of our players, even after they've moved on. This makes us an attractive club for clubs higher up the pyramid and will help us bring in young talent knowing that we will support them with moves when appropriate.

All of that aside, I'm still far from convinced that we will lose anyone this January. The feeling within the camp is that we will get promoted, and I think the desire to have that on their cv, whilst maybe looking at even better deals in the summer, will help keep the team together.

And Dickie runs his contract down like Nelson then we get nothing

Quite often add ons can equate to jack sh*t.

In Baptiste and Dickie's case I think we would hit the jackpot with sell-on clauses though.

I think Cadden is staying.

Fair play, means we get him for three years and in that time, we could be in the Premier League. I'd take that...
I agree about Cadden and hope we keep Dickie but if he was to go I hope KR and NM can put in for a big deal with all money now and not in the hope of a sell on clause. Oh and another thing the money up front, and @Scotchegg you say not many go for more than 3 million from this league? Well I do think Dickie is one of the not many.

I agree about Cadden and hope we keep Dickie but if he was to go I hope KR and NM can put in for a big deal with all money now and not in the hope of a sell on clause. Oh and another thing the money up front, and @Scotchegg you say not many go for more than 3 million from this league? Well I do think Dickie is one of the not many.
Apologies. That Cadden line was hanging about in my reply box so that snuck in there, without me realising.

If Dickie goes for less than 3million then we've had our pants pulled down, big time. We had our pants pulled down with Whyte and given how consistently superb Dickie has been in comparison to Whytes short time with us, I would expect the club to dig in for at least 3million.

Apologies. That Cadden line was hanging about in my reply box so that snuck in there, without me realising.

If Dickie goes for less than 3million then we've had our pants pulled down, big time. We had our pants pulled down with Whyte and given how consistently superb Dickie has been in comparison to Whytes short time with us, I would expect the club to dig in for at least 3million.
And some

I totally agree that Dickie is a class above, and will probably have a future at the very top of the game. The problem is that most PL clubs do not gamble on league 1 players, so we would be looking at Championship clubs being the next step. There is then a cap on how much these clubs are likely to pay, especially in January. We laugh at Colombus Crew wanting £1m for Chris Cadden yet expect several million for our players.

So with stalls and fallen through, does that mean that "3in1gate" is off already?
Whether it is or isnt, surely we have a very good squad and it is hardly a big deal?
KR was suggesting yesterday maybe one before Hartlepool and one just after (but none of them could play in the Hartlepool game anyway)
To me it is the quality that matters. So in the last what 2 to 3 transfer windows they have been excellent overall? Let's hope the same whether on 2 January or 28th.

Back
Top Bottom