General Jan transfer window

It would be great to keep Taylor - is a balancing act however as you probably don’t want to drop big money on a 30 year old.

Jerry Yates is very similar - a decent age and would have resale. Obviously having both would be ideal but the club have to think beyond this season (equally, what if we are promoted? Will that play a role in our recruitment!?)

If we go up I reckon Taylor will stay.
If we dont? Lyle Taylor is being talked about by a few clubs and if he went and we are still in L1, Taylor could go there.

I'd imagine that Agyei's progress throughout the season is going to be important. We signed him on a long deal and (unlike Mackie and Taylor) he is young (22). Mackie's contract runs up to the end of this season and while he is as fit as a butchers dog in training for a marathon (and I would like to see him retained for next season) we need to be looking at younger players for the longer term. If we can get Taylor for another couple of years that would be a result. If he and Mackie can pass their experience on to Agyei and AN Other as we go along...

I'd imagine that Agyei's progress throughout the season is going to be important. We signed him on a long deal and (unlike Mackie and Taylor) he is young (22). Mackie's contract runs up to the end of this season and while he is as fit as a butchers dog in training for a marathon (and I would like to see him retained for next season) we need to be looking at younger players for the longer term. If we can get Taylor for another couple of years that would be a result. If he and Mackie can pass their experience on to Agyei and AN Other as we go along...

I agree about Mackie. He offers so much more than just goals and is a worthwhile addition to the squad for another season.

Also Ageyi is seen as work in progress and is being given time to develop without being rushed into games. I would like to see more from him in the second half of the season as he gives us something we haven't got in others with his pace.

I agree about Mackie. He offers so much more than just goals and is a worthwhile addition to the squad for another season.

Also Ageyi is seen as work in progress and is being given time to develop without being rushed into games. I would like to see more from him in the second half of the season as he gives us something we haven't got in others with his pace.
Agree re Agyei .... work in progress, hes got pace and strength, from what Ive seen of him hes a 'confidence' type of player...... the U23's lack of games, ( relying on a cup run for U23 games was, IMO, one of the few not so good calls by the management- theres only the odd friendly available to bring injured players back up to match speed, and to keep some of our U23 assets match-fit, which isnt good- especially given the current injury situation, and were now out of the EFL trophy competition too), hasnt helped .... I agree, I think Agyei will come good in the second half of the season..... maybe starting today, with Agyei getting the winner off the bench at MK today?

He can only play for Bristol City or ourselves this season. So unless his owners want him back he's staying with us.
Unless of course they're prepared to pay him to the end of his contract and then let him go to a Club in a deal arranged in January.
Though that's probably against both FFP and Taxation etc rules

He can only play for Bristol City or ourselves this season. So unless his owners want him back he's staying with us.
Unless of course they're prepared to pay him to the end of his contract and then let him go to a Club in a deal arranged in January.
Though that's probably against both FFP and Taxation etc rules

I don't think that even players who are released from their contracts are able to play for more than 2 clubs in a season.

When we tried to sign Jennison Myrie-Williams a few years ago, he was a free agent but we couldn't get clearance as he had played for 2 clubs in Scotland that season (unless the rules have changed since then).

Matty Taylor has to learn to break sweat - he was poor today and he will know that. Let's hope he's saving himself for Wednesday.

Any of the ITK heard about upcoming bids for Dickie? Derby ahead of a long list apparently

• Wow
Reactions: Ian
January window isn’t just about losing players. If we could bring in a top quality PACY right winger who could come in and have an instant impact we’d not only be a much more dangerous team going forwards, it would ease our problems in CM as Henry/Sykes wouldn’t have to play there and so be free for the middle

I don’t really buy into us needing a pacey winger. I think the two areas we need to focus on are quick competent Wing backs (both sides) and a powerful forward if we are serious about promotion. Agyei hasn’t been able to show much off the bench yet and Mackie isn’t promotion material. We need someone who can compete on an even footing with Taylor.

Any of the ITK heard about upcoming bids for Dickie? Derby ahead of a long list apparently

There has been interest from a number of our players, so I've no doubt that we will have some bids in January.

Derby is a club that could be attractive to Dickie as they have a bit of money and are ambitious to get to the PL. They're also not doing too well at the moment so there would be a real chance of him getting some game time too. However, I think he'd be more likely to stay until the summer and see what happens then.

I don’t really buy into us needing a pacey winger. I think the two areas we need to focus on are quick competent Wing backs (both sides) and a powerful forward if we are serious about promotion. Agyei hasn’t been able to show much off the bench yet and Mackie isn’t promotion material. We need someone who can compete on an even footing with Taylor.
Completely agree. Wondering how the Club view Berkoe in terms of potential to step up and also whether Lofthouse might have potential to develop his game accordingly. Alternatively hopefully our recruiting guys are on the ball to fill Cadden’s place.

Completely agree. Wondering how the Club view Berkoe in terms of potential to step up and also whether Lofthouse might have potential to develop his game accordingly. Alternatively hopefully our recruiting guys are on the ball to fill Cadden’s place.
I think that its pretty obvious what the club think about Berkoe and Lofthouse stepping up.
The club clearly believe they are not ready.
KR has made clear that a back up left back and quick winger are priorities

Given how often KR has stated his desire for a quick winger I would hope we have this player lined up and announced within the first week of the window.

Given how often KR has stated his desire for a quick winger I would hope we have this player lined up and announced within the first week of the window.

It's not always as easy as that. We may have identified a target who is playing for a team still in the FA Cup. They want him to play in the 3rd round, they will and then get Liverpool in the 4th round. Suddenly the player wants to stay, the club no longer need the money etc etc.

Like with the summer, it's important for people to be patient and trust that we will get the right players in rather than the ones who are immediately available.

Well we don’t play wingbacks so no. We will need at least a right back though and could do with cover on the left. And obvs new strikers are always welcome ... I’d like a right winger to make up for losing Cadden

Back
Top Bottom