General Jan transfer window

So have to wait til after gillingham game...Jan 18th thats when kilmarnock are back after winter break. Stephen O'Donnell ?
The Scottish clubs and players aren't on holiday though - there just aren't any Premiership fixtures. Most are either on training camps (Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen are in Dubai, Hibs, Livi are in Spain, Motherwell are in Tenerife) or they're training at home.

Killie are still in Ayrshire - so there's surely no reason to wait until the 18th. Their players have been back in since January 8th - O'Donnell's in the video below.

Last edited:
The Scottish clubs and players aren't on holiday though - there just aren't any Premiership fixtures. Most are either on training camps (Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen are in Dubai, Hibs, Livi are in Spain, Motherwell are in Tenerife) or they're training at home.

Killie are still in Ayrshire - so there's surely no reason to wait until the 18th. Their players have been back in since January 8th - O'Donnell's in the video below.

What do you think of oDonnell bunk? Is he better than Cadden?

Motherwell are having an excellent season.
Oxford had many years of awful signings from Scotland, but Cadden, Gorrin have certainly changed that.

Don't think we will be looking at another loan. We can only have 5 in a match day squad. With Taylor, Holland, Browne, Kelly, Woodburn (when he's fit) and if we resign Thorne we already have a situation where 1 player has to sit out.

KR said he would consider having up to 7 loan players on the books. Woodburn isn't available for 2-3 months so it would only becomes an issue towards the end of the season.

I suspect this is one of the three loan RB that KR is considering. Possibly the permanent transfer has fallen through?

Don't think we will be looking at another loan. We can only have 5 in a match day squad. With Taylor, Holland, Browne, Kelly, Woodburn (when he's fit) and if we resign Thorne we already have a situation where 1 player has to sit out.

robinson said he is open to more loans in the mail

Peterborough do. Whether Ferguson can get the best from them is a different matter.
I think there’s an argument for saying they have some of the best individuals in the league but I think what makes this Oxford squad so good is that we have very good individuals whom also form part of a very good team

KR has said he would carry 7 loans in the squad in this:

It suggests to me that the Celtic lad (should we sign him) would be a back up player to Sam Long. And this signals a slight change with both full backs now being slightly more defensive (obviously will still get forward) like Josh Ruffels has done all season. The attacking, like Cadds did, coming from the wide players we've added as for example, the Sykes/Long partnership looks to have potential.

Also, Thorne, based on KR's earlier comments, will be a back up player anyway especially with his injury problems. But a very good back up if he can get fit.

Also, I suspect Fosu, Holland and Browne will be rotated to keep them physically/mentally fresh as well.

Saying all that 7 loans still seems a stretch.

re right back, am i right that Forde can play there as well. if so with Long being decent defensively would it not be a major concern if we didn’t get anyone in?

Isn't Forde out for quite a while injured?

Taylor to sign a perm maybe....

Back
Top Bottom