General Jan transfer window

@ECYellow is that it for this window or any further days where we can drool.
Not meaning to sound greedy but hey it’s me ?

They may not seem as productive I agree but both got us vital goals when it mattered.
Not nocking either, Sykes has been out of position and Hall is still coming back from major injuries, just pleased the squad is much stronger than a week ago

Holy forking shirtballs, what a couple of days!!

So following up on my post yesterday - the Browne signing, couple with the Woodburn extension means we now have five loanees in (Holland, Kelly, Browne, Taylor, Woodburn).
Under EFL rules, you can't have more than five loanees in a matchday squad.

So I suspect that means this is the last of our loans in.....with Woodburn coming back, it would seem extravagant in the extreme to be leaving one of the above five at home.

That's unless KR thinks Thorne brings so much to the dressing room that he's willing to pay Derby a few pennies to have him in the building as well.

So, assuming we do bring in a RB, that now should be a permanent signing.

Love the Atkinson signing as well.
Implies to me that we're probably going to sell Dickie in the summer (not unreasonably - he's good enough to be a fringe Premier League player, will be entering the last year of his contract, and could net us serious money), but I imagine KR is now expecting Moore to step up and replace him as our defensive leader, while Atkinson becomes the 'new Moore' i.e. a solid reserve and excellent prospect finding his feet at a new level. It's a brilliant forward-thinking pipeline approach.

And good luck picking a team out of this lot now, Karl! Options all over the place.

Wonder if Agyei might go out on loan? Seen enough from him to think there's raw talent there and he could be effective. But he needs a bit more seasoning. Reckon HCDAJF someone day in-day out in League Two.

Chuffed to bits with Browne returning, he had quite a few injury niggles, but when he had a few consecutive games in a row you could see what real talent he had. I am struggling to see how we fit all these players in now. Surely Robbie Hall will moving on now!.

Just listened to the rotherham managers interview for our match. He talks a lot of sense and thinks we will finish top two. He also wanted holland. He also interestingly says he doesnt want too many new faces as it takes time for players to gel and bu the time they gel the season is over. Wasnt sure if that was a reference to us or not. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p07zxvbk

Just listened to the rotherham managers interview for our match. He talks a lot of sense and thinks we will finish top two. He also wanted holland. He also interestingly says he doesnt want too many new faces as it takes time for players to gel and bu the time they gel the season is over. Wasnt sure if that was a reference to us or not. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p07zxvbk

Browne is well known from his time with us last season, Kelly knows half the players already and Holland will know Browne well so I doubt it will take them long to get into the swing of things.

That is why Browne is such a good signing, been here not too long ago, big mates with Brannagan, easily fit back in. Kelly big mates with Dickie, and knows Fosu and Baptiste. Holland knows Browne also, so will hopefully help him settle in.

With reference to KR's previous comments (and I include myself) about signing players last week, he wasn't that far wrong tbf. Top work.
Exactly, it wasn't the 'by the end of the week' of the Donny game but all that really mattered was they were in before the Rotherham game on Saturday.

AND BY GOD AREN'T THEY JUST.

Back
Top Bottom