General Jan transfer window

Well, Mousinho's really stepped up at CB, which even the rose-tinted should see as fortunate: and congratulate the man. Now we have 2 retained FBs (unless Cadden stays, which would an unworthy scam on Motherwell) so we might place a little focus there.

We have Berkoe who could cover left back potentially so that might not be such an issue.

I'd say a CB/Rb, a Wide player and a Striker

Having seen him a few times, I really don't think KR sees him as a truly viable option as cover.

Taylor staying is going to be vital imo. I don’t see Bristol City recalling him, and he can only play for them or us. So we must come up with another loan, or have the cash to buy him, and give him at least a 2 1/2 year deal.

I have a feeling we will keep Cadden too. I think we have mugged off Motherwell good and proper.

We don’t need to sell any players unless an unbelievable offer comes in for one of our better players.

With Woodburn to come back, which will be like a new signing, and other back up players like Hanson coming back. I think we are in a good place!

KR just said he is going to see Swindon vs Salford at the weekend to see a striker we might get. I wonder who that might me be?

KR just said he is going to see Swindon vs Salford at the weekend to see a striker we might get. I wonder who that might me be?

just said in the matchday thread that if it Doyle at Scum, he couldn’t play for us this season as he’s already played for Scum and Bradford this season.

Jerry Yates would be more likely.
Contract up this season.

Dan Agyei out on loan? Looks well off the pace to me. Taylor, Mackie and Woodburn, plus maybe another on loan. Can’t see him getting many chances atm.

If it is Yates. With him being owned by Rotherham and young you must be expecting it to be a purchase rather than a loan.

Amazing approaching a transfer window and not really needing anybody well done Karl and the backroom staff.

Swindon fan on Yates.

He’s on a season long loan. Contract is up at the end of the season so perhaps Rotherham could get a few quid for him in January - although that’d probably be us.

He works his nuts off every game, got a 1 in 2 strike rate but he does miss an awful lot of chances. Obviously overshadowed by Doyle, but he’s young and likely to improve.

Forde did OK in his 45 minute trial as a RB last night although he wasn't really tested given the quality of the opposition. If we do lose Cadden in January, Long plus Forde as required would seem reasonable cover for the position at no cost.

Forde did OK in his 45 minute trial as a RB last night although he wasn't really tested given the quality of the opposition. If we do lose Cadden in January, Long plus Forde as required would seem reasonable cover for the position at no cost.

Lofthouse could cover them as well as I've ssen him play right back for the youth team.

Priority should be to keep the current squad together, trying to keep players like Cadden, as well as avoiding selling players like Brannagan. If we can't keep these players then obviously they'll need replacing

Also would like to see a left back to battle Ruffles for his place as although he has been playing excellently I don't think we have good enough cover, Sam Long should be RB and CB cover with someone else to cover. Don't think Beroke is ready yet to be our starting left back if Ruffles were to be injured and would rather Long be kept deputised for TB.

I've seen some suggest a pacy winger, although with hall looking to be getting back towards the player he was I don't think that may be necessary, I think it depends on how long it'll be before be is back to 100% and being able to play week in week out, something only the club knows.

Also think a decision needs to be made on Ageyi, if he is deemed good enough then we have enough strikers, if not I'd like to see a conference player or a EPL loan player given a chance, as with Makie and Taylor racking up yellow cards and also KR occasionally using 2 up front think we may need a third striker who can come in, particularly if one of Taylor or Makie picks up an injury. Interested to hear people's thoughts on Ageyi as I don't think I've been to a game where he's been given significant game time, not saying he's not been given a chance, just not attended the games he has been like the Crawley game

I do recall Robinson saying, around the time we were interested in Maynard, that Doyle was one of the best, if not the best, finishers at L1 level. I have heard that Yates has really impressed at Swindon and his all round contribution has been greater than Doyle's. He's got his fair share of goals too. I'd be surprised if we were interested in Adam Rooney, he's on about £6,000 a week at Salford and I think there are better options out there for that sort of money. Glad to see we are looking to strengthen up front though, that's a real serious sign of intent and a proper striker (or two) in January would send the clearest message yet that Tiger and Robinson believe the automatics are on.

Back
Top Bottom