General Jan transfer window

So, Fosu and Baptiste leaving.

Guess Fosu for the 750k quoted by others and Baptiste for 3m plus.

No other players leaving this window.

For me, Gorrin is our most influential player so keeping him is massive. Baptiste is replaceable but we all like him as he is young and came through the ranks, but let’s face it, he was nowhere near the first team until last pre season (summer 217) when he came to the forefront. We have some really good midfielders so his loss is not catastrophic and I believe the manager knew this would likely happen as he has really stocked the midfield department.

Fosu has been hot and cold and we have some bright young talents in Browne and Holland who can fill that void.

Even with the sale of these two, we are still a very strong unit and have received a huge windfall in transfer fees which strengthens us financially moving forward.

I’m confident we will see a pacy striker/winger through the door tomorrow as per Robinson’s comments and fingers crossed for a full back.

Manager, board and chairman have to agree to any sale of players dont they? ........ bullshitted the supporters yet again with the nonesense 'were not selling anyone unless its an exceptional offer' crap trotted out .....and then they give 2 first team players away for less than peanuts.....bunch of liars
Less than peanuts? Maybe £5m plus add ons?

Fosu is perfectly legit because he had a release clause. But why couldn't they hang on to Shandon till the end of the season? Will I get half my kit sponsorship fee back?

Seriously people need to get a grip. Club has £10m debts, we’ve invested massively in the squad this season. If we get £3.5/5m for the pair that’s half our debts gone.
Browne, Holland, Kelly are better at present than Fosu and Baptiste - of course we don’t want to sell but we sometimes have to

we miss Henry and Brannagan more as has been shown since end of December
And next season could be like most of last season fight relegation

Not the end of the world.

Fosu hit his ceiling and was always going to leave. Clearly a mercenary abs was never here for the long haul being so insistent on a release clause. Browne IMHO is a better player and Holland could be anything.

Baptiste was a matter of when, after the timing isn’t great. It will be silly money and heavily incentivesed. He has the potential to go right to the top and I hope he does. Having said all that we have already have the best possible replacement at the club. Liam Kelly, people seem to have completely forgotten about him. He is a more consistent player than Baptiste.

Obviously it’s not great news, but to say our promotion push is dead in the water is simply not true.

I don't get there is not enough time to invest the money comment. There is still 28 hours before the window shuts. Board doesn't want us promoted clearly.

Seriously people need to get a grip. Club has £10m debts, we’ve invested massively in the squad this season. If we get £3.5/5m for the pair that’s half our debts gone.
Browne, Holland, Kelly are better at present than Fosu and Baptiste - of course we don’t want to sell but we sometimes have to

I like the optimism and rational thinking (you’re taking this better than me!) but we’ve literally never seen Kelly play

For me, Gorrin is our most influential player so keeping him is massive. Baptiste is replaceable but we all like him as he is young and came through the ranks, but let’s face it, he was nowhere near the first team until last pre season (summer 217) when he came to the forefront. We have some really good midfielders so his loss is not catastrophic and I believe the manager knew this would likely happen as he has really stocked the midfield department.

Fosu has been hot and cold and we have some bright young talents in Browne and Holland who can fill that void.

Even with the sale of these two, we are still a very strong unit and have received a huge windfall in transfer fees which strengthens us financially moving forward.

I’m confident we will see a pacy striker/winger through the door tomorrow as per Robinson’s comments and fingers crossed for a full back.
He got knocked back by one after a few had been agreed and he didn’t sound to confident in bringing someone be in

Total rubbish! We don't have to sell they said. Without any reinvestment, don't fall for the f****** spin.

The longevity of the football club is far more important than a couple of players
But decent players ARE the future of the club! And fans like to have players who will stick around for a spell so as to give the club an identity.
This deal shows total lack of ambition, no wonder KR is not happy.
Tomorrow still to come...Dickie sold too?

But we're still the best team in League One, right? All the managers have said it so it must be true

i feel for Robbo having to defend the Bullshitters upstairs and as he says if anyone else goes he will consider his position so clearly he has had no say in this deal or not been listened too anyway.

as i said the grigg mention was a sweetener for what was to follow but of course that deal cannot be done anyway.

I wonder if weee losing on Saturday it will “ Robbo our “ and not “ Robinson’s yellow and blue army “

The real Bazzer is back. Chill, we are still a decent side and I agree that promotion is still a real possibility. We have brought decent players in, yes on loan but this is about this season

Disappointing but too many giving up a bit too early

The problem for me, is that we have sold two players and will have to rely on loans to cover. Come end of season we are back where we started, short staffed on the pitch. It just doesn't make any sense to me. Sell and replace, yes, sell and tell the fans that it's been a good season, the board had better start looking for shelter. Come Saturday there are going to be a lot of unhappy supporters with tickets for both the Blackpool and Newcastle games who will be wondering how the team is going to cover.

The voice of reason

That's a perfectly measured response, and thus absolutely in the wrong place at the moment. I'm logging off and watching Germany's Next Topmodel with the kids anyway...at least those crying there are attractive.

Back
Top Bottom