General Jan transfer window

Yes because Rotherham, who are competing with Oxford to get promoted, will loan us a player who scored 12 goals in 27 games.

Yes because Rotherham, who are competing with Oxford to get promoted, will loan us a player who scored 12 goals in 27 games.
A) Who said anything about a loan? B) Why wouldn't Rotherham want us beating all of their nearest rivals? It helps them and money talks. If he was that important at Rotherham, he wouldn't have been loaned out. It makes sense to me

A) Who said anything about a loan? B) Why wouldn't Rotherham want us beating all of their nearest rivals? It helps them and money talks. If he was that important at Rotherham, he wouldn't have been loaned out. It makes sense to me
I can't see it happening to be honest.

Rotherham don't play a style of football that suits Yates, they have enough confidence in their own strikers to get them automatic promotion and , if the price is right , make a few quid to perhaps fund a signing of their own . Unlikely to go to championship so what does that leave them and him with ?
Hopefully Forde will have put in a good word also and Tiger gets his wallet open ?

Rotherham don't play a style of football that suits Yates, they have enough confidence in their own strikers to get them automatic promotion and , if the price is right , make a few quid to perhaps fund a signing of their own . Unlikely to go to championship so what does that leave them and him with ?
Hopefully Forde will have put in a good word also and Tiger gets his wallet open ?
And KR has also been to watch him already this season, against Salford. I'm not saying there is anything in this but it is a move that makes footballing sense, for us.

Come on Oxford, get this one done! Derail the scum and get us promoted! @ECYellow, any further news on this?

This would suggest that a deal is imminent. If they wanted him at Rotherham (like Doyle with Bradford) , they would have recalled him at the start of the month. Whether he is coming to us or not, is another thing.

And KR has also been to watch him already this season, against Salford. I'm not saying there is anything in this but it is a move that makes footballing sense, for us.
[/QUOTE

It would be a fantastic move, but I cannot see the board backing KR with the size of bid that would be needed to get him.

With a few days to go, so far loans have come in.

A marque signing like this would send a message to fans as to how the board are backing KR under the big team banner.

If we can't afford Yates, this club has no pot to P**s in and all the potential new ground talk is fantasy or we have no ambition of going up this year.

If we can't afford Yates, this club has no pot to P**s in and all the potential new ground talk is fantasy or we have no ambition of going up this year.
or we’re not interested in him

No way that Yates is a 500k/750k player. He's quality but unproven in our league and banging in a few for Swindon means nothing - if anything we should get him for less cause he's played for the scum haha.

May cost anywhere between £250k-350k out of contract in the summer but have a 1 year option, If we did sign him let’s hope he’s not another Dean Smalley who scored a lot for chesterfield but then just ended up being sh:t

Back
Top Bottom