Transfer News Jamie Mackie signs!

Northstandboy

Owner
Staff member
32 year old, two year deal, Scottish striker, played for the national team 9 times.

His stats don't shout out goalscorer, but I hope he bangs them in!

Has played for MK Dons, Exeter City, Plymouth Argyle, QPR, Nottingham Forest and Reading.

I am not a moaner however his goals record is shocking. I thought he banged them in years ago but no.

Looks like he will lead the line well and give lots for the team but we need a goalscorer still.

Well I wasn't expecting that.

Looking at his stats he isn't exactly a prolific goal scorer, and is quite injury prone. Yes, played for Scotland - six years ago! On the basis of that - underwhelming.

Sorry I'm not excited :(

Hahahahahaha, if that don't shut the moaners up! :D
It won't. I can already see the posts in my head.
"Too old, doesn't fit the plan"
"Injury prone"
"Only 6 goals in 57 appearances across 3 seasons"

We have a striker who's not exactly prolific but is renowned for his work-rate and enthusiasm. Let's hope the step down a level gets his career back on track.

It won't. I can already see the posts in my head.
"Too old, doesn't fit the plan"
"Injury prone"
"Only 6 goals in 57 appearances across 3 seasons"

We have a striker who's not exactly prolific but is renowned for his work-rate and enthusiasm. Let's hope the step down a level gets his career back on track.
His lack of goals is a concern, but we know from a 1 up top formation, we aren't looking for that.

It's a sad state of affairs that people will be picking the negative comments from other forums to hold in their pocket for the next 2 years.

Maguire type player from what I’ve heard! Hopefully he can chip in with 10 goals or so, very very happy with that! Especially if we’re looking at bringing in young Sam Smith will no doubt learn a lot from a former premier league striker
We missed that sort of player last year in a bad way.

Experienced and should do well at this level if he remains fit.

Happy enough with this, yes we do need more threat up front but i am trusting the gaffer to piece together a team that can push for the playoffs!

Welcome to the mighty Yellows Jamie. Hope you enjoy your time here.
I only have one little complaint. Why no Scottish accent?

To play the formation Robinson wants you need a workhorse up top who can hold the ball up, so while Mackie isn’t prolific he will bring in other qualities that will hopefully gel in the team.

Remains to be seen whether this will all work out, but at least this season there seems to be a plan to bring players into that will fit into
the system we will be playing, rather than a random collection of ex Malmo players.

Has played out on the right a lot - more midfield... So he's more the creator than the scorer?

songs for James Mackie ...aka Jimmy Mac' ?

theres the old Martha n Vandellas classic....

.... or the mega rare northern soul stormer from Jimmy Mack himself...scorching slice of Detroit 60s soul .....

QPR fans quote on twitter "His work ethic is different class, he will chase down every ball and and press the back line like a mad man"

"same type of worker as hylton but better"

Sounds like the bite and commitment we need and were missing last season.

Last edited:
It’s a statement of how far we’ve come in a relatively short space of time (and/or how lofty our aspirations have now become) that signing someone like Mackie isn’t causing more of a stir

Yes his goals/game ratio isn’t superb, but if you look at his record that’s never been the case - but it hasn’t stopped him playing in the PL and spending a decent chunk of his career higher than the level we’re at now.

If he can stay fit and is here to work hard and contribute (not grab a last wage before retirement) he could be an astute piece of business. Composure and intelligence at the top end of the field isn’t something we’ve had in abundance since Maguire left...

Back
Top Bottom