General James, Little and Noel-Williams farmed out

Sarge

God like member
guessing that KR, SD & DF are confident therewont be many if any injuries from now till the end of theseason then, as another trio of younger assets, all 3 wouldnt be out of place in a first team machday squad imo, are farmed out, James and Hopkins to 'City and Noel-Williams to Gloucester

edit- some idiot (me) put Little instead of Hopkins in the thread title! b****r, I cant change it now!

OWS link.....

Last edited:
can’t these sort of deals be ended at anytime? just in case we picked up injuries or suspensions

can’t these sort of deals be ended at anytime? just in case we picked up injuries or suspensions
good question that .... wonder who would give a straight answer reply ?

Excellent work, especially if the "injury scenario" above were to pan out.

This will give these boys a bit of a taste of what they can expect (and of what is expected of them) if they are called upon to play league football - heaven forbid that they were thrown into a relegation scrap with nil experience of playing proper competitive football and we know that City will give them a good grounding (that's not to say that Gloucester won't!)

I think having James and Hopkins just down the road (with Josh Ashby of course) is a good idea - James has doen well in the U23s and perhaps deserves a run of games at adult level, after a spell as the nineteenth man // Hopkins has proven popular and successful out at AFC Rushden and Diamonds for the first half of the season, so good opportunity to watch him step up to a higher level // Noel Williams has had a couple of loans this year, including Chesham and Slough, so another spell in Conf South with Gloucester (where Robbie Cundy was last saeson) will again do him some good.
These youth loans are generally a good thing all round, as the players can still come back for training and/or be recalled for games if required, but get a little spell in which to establish themselves as a regular in a side.
Good luck guys

It will be interesting to see how they do especially James who is I guess closest to the fiestvteam at the moment

With the U23 season winding down,this will hopefully give the trio valuable game time.

The title of the thread seems a bit negative Sarge, I see it as being placed with non League clubs to improve their experience of more senior football. Which should stand them in good stead.

The title of the thread seems a bit negative Sarge, I see it as being placed with non League clubs to improve their experience of more senior football. Which should stand them in good stead.
I would have thought going on loan showed some sort of ambition...agree that you farm out someone or thing that you have no particular interest in.

sharing the info as it comes out.... admitedly I had slight concerns (on my part) re additional injuries to first team squad inc loanees, that we may be a bit light on cover for the run in to the end of of the season,... though as the trio are youth loans to non league sides, apparently we have an 'instant' call back
How many players(younger players) loaned out have , so far , come back off loan, to make a really major impact to the first team? I dont think its many ?

sharing the info as it comes out.... admitedly I had slight concerns (on my part) re additional injuries to first team squad inc loanees, that we may be a bit light on cover for the run in to the end of of the season,... though as the trio are youth loans to non league sides, apparently we have an 'instant' call back
How many players(younger players) loaned out have , so far , come back off loan, to make a really major impact to the first team? I dont think its many ?
Baptiste had a good loan last season.
Joey did many years ago.
Any of the new crop of players coming through will almost certainly have done so.

Can think of Baptiste and Napa from last season who broke into the side

Can these lads still play for the u18s and u23s? I know there are games in the week, are they able to play in them?

Baptiste had a good loan last season.
Joey did many years ago.
Any of the new crop of players coming through will almost certainly have done so.
heres hoping the youngster loan outs do have a positive effect :)

Can think of Baptiste and Napa from last season who broke into the side
one or two appearances is hardly established in the first team though .... both Baptiste and Napa are injured?

Can these lads still play for the u18s and u23s? I know there are games in the week, are they able to play in them?
good question that ...does anyone know the many intricacies of youngsters loans to non league etc?

Back
Top Bottom