Current Player #17 James Henry

Regarding Individual bits of skill that makes a player stand out, that cross by JH to Taylor in the Stanley game was top drawer. I know the volley has taken the lime light but the cross was pure class. Take a bow JH!!!!!!
A bit like his sublime cross last season at Fratton park to Taylor to equalise in the last couple of minutes.

A bit like his sublime cross last season at Fratton park to Taylor to equalise in the last couple of minutes.
That was my same recollection as I wrote the post. When JH is on song he’s a very important player for Taylor. That Fratton park goal was a great example of them being on the same page.

I've said it many times on here. If Henry is playing well/in form then nine times out of ten so does the team. He is pivotal in most of our attacking play. Long may that continue!!

It’s all very well saying that when he plays well so do we, but 1) you could say the same about Brannigan and 2) Henry often doesn’t play well, that’s the problem (and why he’s in League One to be fair)

It’s all very well saying that when he plays well so do we, but 1) you could say the same about Brannigan and 2) Henry often doesn’t play well, that’s the problem (and why he’s in League One to be fair)
Before the lockdown last season I would hardly say that he often didn't play well?
He was generally very good for us especially when Taylor started playing.
He has had a bad patch of form since lockdown sure but generally he is a pretty consistent performer.

I would have to agree with this. All though he has proven to be a key player for us in the past, there are spells, and often long spells where he simply doesn't perform.

I would have to agree with this. All though he has proven to be a key player for us in the past, there are spells, and often long spells where he simply doesn't perform.
Still a class player last season when he went of the boil it was believed it was to do with his child being in hospital

And where having an alternative (like Marcus Maddison) would be a good thing. But thats another story.

Anyway Kelly Brook is apparently training with us, according to another thread, she’d be an unbelievable signing at this level.

Think the Henry of last season has definitely gone missing. Really hopeful he can find his way back and there's been talk of him recovering from his injury, but so far this season he's held us back more than helped. (Even if we did capitulate today after he went off).

I think there’s something to be said for the fact he has had to play several positions, not only throughout the season, but also throughout games which can’t help you get into the swing of things

Back
Top Bottom