Current Player #17 James Henry

He came here because he wanted to be back home in Reading with his missus, especially with a bun in the oven at the time. Perfectly understandable and something I’m personally delighted we benefited from to such a large extent!

When the players have days off you’ll often find him in Reading around the Oracle. Get yourself down there some time and give him a big kiss.

Lap dances for Matty Taylor and kisses for JH. You get about :LOL:

He's a class act at this level and having a very good season. Seems to be loving his football at the moment and linking up so well with Taylor. Taylor just has that extra bit of quality than most strikers in our league and is on the same wavelength as JH.
I would think that he could easily make the jump up to the Championship if we were to get there.

He’s proven it. 197 of his 400+ league appearances have been at Championship level for Millwall and Wolves.
Well yeah. My neighbour is a Wolves fan and he sang his praises when he joined us.

Although technically he signed under Pep, it was only a day or so after Pep became manager so I suspect he was more of a MApp signing.

Well yeah. My neighbour is a Wolves fan and he sang his praises when he joined us.
Same here. Only criticism was that he lacked pace. Mind you, if he WAS fast, he wouldn’t be playing in League One.

James has been a great player for us but hasn’t got going of late. I think he needs to be dropped to find that fire again

James has been a great player for us but hasn’t got going of late. I think he needs to be dropped to find that fire again
seconded ... he looked off the pace in the playoff semi's and final, and doesn't seem to have improved much in the games he's played (so far) this campaign

Maybe the incident in the Play off final has shattered his confidence. It was a calamity!
He was broken for weeks after, and it must be hard to deal with. He needs to smash a few in to get that confidence back.

He was broken for weeks after, and it must be hard to deal with. He needs to smash a few in to get that confidence back.

Surely this is where that Gary Bloom earns his money isn’t it ? These psychologists get a lot of media coverage and their sound bites are easily consumed by an unsuspecting public but the proof needs to be in the pudding and right now I don’t see a group of footballers with clear minds and a renewed appetite for the battle ahead.

Time to prove that it’s not just a load of hot air that’s easy to dish out to successful, winnning footballers. If Henry is badly affected get Gary Bloom working on him.

Surely this is where that Gary Bloom earns his money isn’t it ? These psychologists get a lot of media coverage and their sound bites are easily consumed by an unsuspecting public but the proof needs to be in the pudding and right now I don’t see a group of footballers with clear minds and a renewed appetite for the battle ahead.

Time to prove that it’s not just a load of hot air that’s easy to dish out to successful, winnning footballers. If Henry is badly affected get Gary Bloom working on him.

Therapy isn't just flicking a magic switch. These things can take time, and I feel far more confident having people like Gary Bloom at the club than I would without.

The fact that you describe this as "a lot of hot air" shows your ignorance I'm afraid.

Therapy isn't just flicking a magic switch. These things can take time, and I feel far more confident having people like Gary Bloom at the club than I would without.

The fact that you describe this as "a lot of hot air" shows your ignorance I'm afraid.

All that says is you’re gullible. Yes, it isn’t just flicking a switch but Bloom, according to reports, has been involved regularly for 18 months. We bottled it in the play offs and we are making heavy weather of the new season. Where can we expect to see the fruits of our psychologists work ?

All that says is you’re gullible. Yes, it isn’t just flicking a switch but Bloom, according to reports, has been involved regularly for 18 months. We bottled it in the play offs and we are making heavy weather of the new season. Where can we expect to see the fruits of our psychologists work ?

That doesn't warrant a serious reply.

We lost to Wycombe on July 2nd I think it was. Nearly 3 months ago, shouldn’t Bloom have had an affect on Henry - or any other player - in readiness for the new season two and a half months later ? Why should we believe all the psychological claptrap when the likes of Henry, Eastwood, Brannagan and Taylor in particular look like they remain badly scarred from Wembley ?

• Angry
Reactions: Ian
Back
Top Bottom