Current Player #17 James Henry

Henry has been playing that ball all season. Can either shoot or cross to the back post - the addition of Taylor is big in that regard.
Sounds like other people who have been playing the striker role have consistently failed, then!

Sounds like other people who have been playing the striker role have consistently failed, then!
Taylor according to Henry is the best striker in the league.
It sounds as if Henry and Taylor are on the same wavelength. I think that's because we happen to have 2 quality players who can read each other.
Relative to Taylor, most strikers in this Division would do nowhere near as well as he does in getting on to the end of Henry's crosses.

I was hoping for a Henry goal against Wimbledon. I think it was massive in him getting back on track from injury. Whilst it's been a team effort in the last few results, it's a great time for the likes of Henry and Taylor to be hitting form at this stage of the season.

I was hoping for a Henry goal against Wimbledon. I think it was massive in him getting back on track from injury. Whilst it's been a team effort in the last few results, it's a great time for the likes of Henry and Taylor to be hitting form at this stage of the season.

Well you sure called that one tonight [emoji1303]

Henry is such a clever footballer. Isn’t that 40 goals in less than three full seasons now? Plus god knows how many assists. We really missed him.

A bonus is that he isn’t really a player who depends on any real pace, so fingers crossed he should be just as good / effective at 33 as he currently is at 30.

Henry is such a clever footballer. Isn’t that 40 goals in less than three full seasons now? Plus god knows how many assists. We really missed him.

A bonus is that he isn’t really a player who depends on any real pace, so fingers crossed he should be just as good / effective at 33 as he currently is at 30.
I love him. He could do better for himself but obviously being settled in this area suits him. A FOF who’s a Wolves fan can’t believe he’s with us.

I love him. He could do better for himself but obviously being settled in this area suits him. A FOF who’s a Wolves fan can’t believe he’s with us.
He came here because he wanted to be back home in Reading with his missus, especially with a bun in the oven at the time. Perfectly understandable and something I’m personally delighted we benefited from to such a large extent!

When the players have days off you’ll often find him in Reading around the Oracle. Get yourself down there some time and give him a big kiss.

He came here because he wanted to be back home in Reading with his missus, especially with a bun in the oven at the time. Perfectly understandable and something I’m personally delighted we benefited from to such a large extent!

When the players have days off you’ll often find him in Reading around the Oracle. Get yourself down there some time and give him a big kiss.
My mate saw him at a National Trust place! Which makes me like him even more.

Think he struggles without a Browne or a Whyte etc, someone who the opposition have to focus on to stop JH being marked quite as tightly, but when he gets that space his technical ability just shines and he tears teams to shreds, can consistently get long range shots on target, but also has the ability to be in the right place in the box at the right time that most strikers would envy, really hope he can stay fit now for rest of season

Was just having a flick through the BBC website, and noticed that, with the exception of Ivan Toney, no player has contributed more goals (goals + assists) in L1 so far this year than Henry (12 goals, 8 assists). Genuinely one of the top attacking players in the league.

Was just having a flick through the BBC website, and noticed that, with the exception of Ivan Toney, no player has contributed more goals (goals + assists) in L1 so far this year than Henry (12 goals, 8 assists). Genuinely one of the top attacking players in the league.

He's a class act at this level and having a very good season. Seems to be loving his football at the moment and linking up so well with Taylor. Taylor just has that extra bit of quality than most strikers in our league and is on the same wavelength as JH.

Back
Top Bottom