Current Player #17 James Henry

James Henry is an absolute crooner of a footballer, you lucky sods.
Yes I agree he's excellent at the football. I think he divides opinion as he's not all action where he's running round and throwing himself into challenges, or demanding the ball deep to switch play, which is the sort of thing Brannagan and Kane are often seen doing. It's easy to spot that sort of stuff but the things Henry does consistently well can go under the radar a little. As others have said he always seems to have a bit of extra time on the ball and I'd say his decision making and final ball are consistently very good.

Yes I agree he's excellent at the football. I think he divides opinion as he's not all action where he's running round and throwing himself into challenges, or demanding the ball deep to switch play, which is the sort of thing Brannagan and Kane are often seen doing. It's easy to spot that sort of stuff but the things Henry does consistently well can go under the radar a little. As others have said he always seems to have a bit of extra time on the ball and I'd say his decision making and final ball are consistently very good.
He’s not an all action tough guy but he’s incredibly productive, even if he’s having a quiet game he’s likely to pop up with a goal or assist, or a pass that leads to one.

Since he’s been at the club, no player has consistently performed as well as James Henry, he’s regularly been in the top two scorers, and has provided more assists than any other player.

The guys absolute class, with superb ball control, passing, crossing, dribbling, intricately working the ball in tight areas, composure and finishing, and although he might not be the quickest, he no slouch, and has great speed of thought.

And when you consider all the good players we’ve had at the club during his time here, but he’s ALWAYS been a starter, in a number of different positions, which says everything you need to know about his quality and importance to the team.

Well done on hitting the 200 mark today Jamo, here’s hoping you play many more 👏👏

I think KR has the same opinion. 200 games for Oxford if he plays today. Invaluable player for us in the last few years. Despite his lack of speed/acceleration he often seems to have that little bit of extra time on the ball that top players seem to make for themselves. Great vision and the ability to pick a pass. It’s often been said that when he plays well the team plays well. Look forward to the next 100 games and his hoped-for promotion “this year or next.”
I could only dream of watching players like Henry in an Oxford shirt as a young lad when we were conference and l2 fodder. He's a really skilful player.

I think KR has the same opinion. 200 games for Oxford if he plays today. Invaluable player for us in the last few years. Despite his lack of speed/acceleration he often seems to have that little bit of extra time on the ball that top players seem to make for themselves. Great vision and the ability to pick a pass. It’s often been said that when he plays well the team plays well. Look forward to the next 100 games and his hoped-for promotion “this year or next.”
I would say that if he and Cam are on form the whole side tends to play well. I would play him behind Taylor all the time. He would be the best 10 in L1 by a mile.

Agreed.

He has never had good speed/acceleration so has developed his game where speed of thought gives him and excellent technique gives him the advantage.

It was. I am glad he found his shooting boots, he seemed to be in a rut of hitting shots wildly over the bar for a bit!
He was just lulling opposition analysts and players into a false sense of security.

'Oh it's alright it's only Henry let him shoot from there.'

And then bang! Thunderbastard into the top corner. Pick that out.

Pah, who needs a second striker when we can just bring Henry on for the last twenty minutes to snatch a winner every game?

Thought him coming on at HT had helped cost us the game, as our midfield suddenly become like a red bloody sea given how much is parted everytime Doncaster attacked.

Thankfully a lovely finish. Phew.

Back
Top Bottom