James Henry

I would have been in that camp at the end of last season. Henry is, on his day, unplayable but on a bad day, takes up a key spot in the team, looks disinterested and ghosts through games.

I'm happy to say that this season, he has been on another level. He seems to be playing with a real freedom and appears keen to create at every given opportunity. Add to that, great interaction with Cadden and yes...I hope we can agree a longer stay.
He did have a lot on his mind with his child being in hospital and that was mentioned at the time unfortunately some people obviously didn’t read that, also every player has a bad day and that also takes up a spot. Not having a go but when others haven’t performed I did t see as much saying that they should be moved on. But I do like you hope Henry signs.

Not bad for someone that KR apparently hates if you believe some on this forum

Theres a difference between hating someone and not rating them. Numerous people have said KR didn't rate him and didnt see him as 'his' player which is exactly what I'd heard. I think we have a right to pass those concerns on when we can see it may mean us losing Henry but obviously you can believe what you want. But that's fine, you'll never get on with everyone in the workplace.

What IS important is moving past that and making sensible decisions like offering him a new contract as he's (IMO) the best player at the club.

I would have been in that camp at the end of last season. Henry is, on his day, unplayable but on a bad day, takes up a key spot in the team, looks disinterested and ghosts through games.

I'm happy to say that this season, he has been on another level. He seems to be playing with a real freedom and appears keen to create at every given opportunity. Add to that, great interaction with Cadden and yes...I hope we can agree a longer stay.

Have loved watching him down the wing with Cadden this season, must be up there with the top partnerships in this league.

Real shame about his younguns earlier in the year but glad theyre ok and hes back to his best again. Also, really appreciate someone who can talk well in interviews which Henry always does.

Henry is a top top player at this level. He looks fitter and quicker this season.
He deserves and 100% should get a new contract asap. There will be a host of clubs interested in him if not. Pompey for certain.

Sign him up. If he was five year younger he would have been snapped higher up. Championship quality player with a young family who seem settled, works for both parties .

Henry has been a brilliant player for us, he's intelligent and has excellent technique. If you could give him Gino van Kessel's pace then he would be a top Championship player, but as is he's a decent Championship player who we're lucky to have.

Excellent get him signed very underated player by some on here. James Henry is a class player, were lucky we have him.

Very classy bloke off the pitch as well. Handles himself very well when spoke to by fans after games and always has times for the younger fan base too. A very approachable person who has given nothing but 100% for the Ox when called upon.

We've lost James Hanson and George Thorne to long term injury and they both can play the defensive midfielder role. Mous is now firmly one of the centre backs so isn't available to cover midfield as well and we play 21 games before the transfer window. So we probably need cover for Gorrin with those 2 injured.

Plenty of talent ready to step up from the youth and ‘23 team...

Now he's joint third in the League 1 scoring list! Only the two Peterborough strikers ahead of him.

Toney, Eisa, and Maddison have scored 25 of their 28 goals in all competitions so far this season.

If I was their support I'd be terrified of any injuries to one of those guys.

He’s hitting more from distance and they’re going in. Long may this continue. Give him 2 years more.

He’s hitting more from distance and they’re going in. Long may this continue. Give him 2 years more.

I'm really enjoying having Henry and Brannagan belt them in from long range, Fosu taking on legions of defenders before slotting home, and Taylor ghosting into the danger areas to poke home the cheeky tap ins.

When you're this multi dimensional, defences just don't know how to set themselves up.

A couple of times yesterday I heard Robbo bemoaning the fact that we’d passed up the opportunity to shoot from about 25 yards out, Fosu definitely on one occasion. It’s clear that we are being encouraged to have a dig from distance - unlike a lot of teams who often want to walk it in - so all these long range goals are no coincidence.

If you don’t shoot you don’t score as they say !

Back
Top Bottom