James Henry

Excellent. Would love to see him here for another couple of years with an option for the club for a third year.

32 goals in 99 games? If Taylor got himself a one in three record here I’d be delighted, but to do so from midfield...

There were a few on here saying we needed to get shot of him last Summer.

I find it strange people thought KR didn’t like Henry considering he consistently and continuously played him last season even when Henry was bang out of form and playing awfully at times.

We need more midfielders?

We've lost James Hanson and George Thorne to long term injury and they both can play the defensive midfielder role. Mous is now firmly one of the centre backs so isn't available to cover midfield as well and we play 21 games before the transfer window. So we probably need cover for Gorrin with those 2 injured.

I’m pleased Henry is in talks and would welcome him staying longer, although some were criticising him last season and said he needs to be gone.....what do they know?
now come on James and sign a new contract.

I think a manager "liking" the players and vice versa is overrated...you don't need to be best pals to get the job done.

I find it strange people thought KR didn’t like Henry considering he consistently and continuously played him last season even when Henry was bang out of form and playing awfully at times.

I think that when some people fail to understand why a player is dropped/playing badly, they rationalise it as "personal reasons", as the only possible explanation.

I’m pleased Henry is in talks and would welcome him staying longer, although some were criticising him last season and said he needs to be gone.....what do they know?
now come on James and sign a new contract.

I would have been in that camp at the end of last season. Henry is, on his day, unplayable but on a bad day, takes up a key spot in the team, looks disinterested and ghosts through games.

I'm happy to say that this season, he has been on another level. He seems to be playing with a real freedom and appears keen to create at every given opportunity. Add to that, great interaction with Cadden and yes...I hope we can agree a longer stay.

Back
Top Bottom