Current Player James Golding called up By RoI

James Golding for ROI U19's and Oisin Smyth for NIR U21s.

I really hope both of these boys are pushed into the first team next season.

I know that many think that they are not ready for a promotion winning team, but if we don't give them a chance, then we will never know.

If we hadn't had so many injuries and shortfall in numbers at the back, Luke McNally would never of made the impact that he did. It took him a few games to get going, but in the end got the opportunity to show his ability on the ball and his ability to learn quickly on the job.

They have been recognized as talented young players, I really wish that they get a run in the team and don't fade away into obscurity.

James Golding for ROI U19's and Oisin Smyth for NIR U21s.

I really hope both of these boys are pushed into the first team next season.

I know that many think that they are not ready for a promotion winning team, but if we don't give them a chance, then we will never know.

If we hadn't had so many injuries and shortfall in numbers at the back, Luke McNally would never of made the impact that he did. It took him a few games to get going, but in the end got the opportunity to show his ability on the ball and his ability to learn quickly on the job.

They have been recognized as talented young players, I really wish that they get a run in the team and don't fade away into obscurity.
It's a really difficult one.
On another thread some are suggesting that we shouldn't use Smyth as back up to Gorrin.
I guess that the coaching team will have a view of who out of Smyth, Golding and Goodrham for example will be better off being in the first team squad than being out on loan.

Golding & Smyth should play every single minute of the League Cup, FA Cup & Papa John’s Trophy games over McNally & Brannagan.

If they impress then they may get a chance to start in a League 1 game.

I know it was only one game with not a lot to play for, but I was quite impressed with Golding in the final match of the season. A lot of potential I think. Also showed a good attitude that he wanted to go out on loan to get game time and experience at Banbury.

Plans are for Golding to go out on loan. Hopefully a National League side will take him on. Get another 25 games under his belt by January. The lad is only 17!
Smyth is 22 and will have been here 6 months come pre season, getting used to being in full time football. He’ll be in and around the first team squad come the start of the season.

Plans are for Golding to go out on loan. Hopefully a National League side will take him on. Get another 25 games under his belt by January. The lad is only 17!
Smyth is 22 and will have been here 6 months come pre season, getting used to being in full time football. He’ll be in and around the first team squad come the start of the season.
I think that makes sense.
Golding was very composed but seemed to me to be a little lightweight ( against some of the bruisers in L1)
As you say he is 17 and I would think that he has a lot of bulking up to do.
Huge potential- and with the attitude that rumours suggests Nico Jones didn't have

Golding & Smyth should play every single minute of the League Cup, FA Cup & Papa John’s Trophy games over McNally & Brannagan.

I love your club crest !!!!

And Goodrham

Back
Top Bottom