League One Jacket gets the elbow.

Some listening for Pompey fans.

Attachments

• 040E6A76-6F91-4892-806F-5622638C814C.png
    040E6A76-6F91-4892-806F-5622638C814C.png
    64.5 KB · Views: 14
Pompey fans reckon Wilder is going there. 🤔 They will be a force next season if true but they might have to get use to boring football.

Pompey didnt want ol chippy when he was looking to bail out from OUFC

Chippy didn't have a promotion from league 2, league 1 and championship , aswell as keeping Sheffield United in the Premier league for 2 seasons on his CV then. Times changed and I bet any club in league 1 would take him.

I reckon Wilder will go to Celtic.
I can’t understand why anyone would want Birmingham on their CV. Gary Rowett did a superb job there and go booted when they were seventh. And then Zola comes in. They’ve done nothing since.
Michael Appleton would cost Sheffield United a lot of money and some having just signed a four year contract at Lincoln. I’d expect Neil Lennon to go there.
Thankfully I think we keep Karl Robinson to stay put as Portsmouth shouldn’t appeal nor Birmingham.
Hasselbank has done well at Burton so might move on to Birmingham.
I think Swindon might be changing manager soon...maybe Jackett.
As for Pompey, how about Derek Adam’s?

I reckon Wilder will go to Celtic.
I can’t understand why anyone would want Birmingham on their CV. Gary Rowett did a superb job there and go booted when they were seventh. And then Zola comes in. They’ve done nothing since.
Michael Appleton would cost Sheffield United a lot of money and some having just signed a four year contract at Lincoln. I’d expect Neil Lennon to go there.
Thankfully I think we keep Karl Robinson to stay put as Portsmouth shouldn’t appeal nor Birmingham.
Hasselbank has done well at Burton so might move on to Birmingham.
I think Swindon might be changing manager soon...maybe Jackett.
As for Pompey, how about Derek Adam’s?

Would be interesting if Pompey did come in for Karl wether he would be tempted. I reckon he would be .

I reckon Chippy won't manage again. He's hit his peak and achieved his ambition.

Would love to see him turn on the Pompey faithful when things go tits up though.

Reckon Pompey is probably a more attractive job than Birmingham at the moment.

For all that their promotion bid this season is flagging - Brum are in freefall, massively in debt and their owners are mostly absent and only turn up periodically to make dumb decisions. Supposedly half of their stadium failed safety inspections, and needs seven figures worth of improvements to fix it, so they couldn't even have a full crowd now if they wanted to.

They seem like the most likely candidate to follow the Bolton/Wigan financial basket case train.
(by contrast, I reckon Sheffield Wednesday will be next year's Hull).

Reckon Pompey is probably a more attractive job than Birmingham at the moment.

For all that their promotion bid this season is flagging - Brum are in freefall, massively in debt and their owners are mostly absent and only turn up periodically to make dumb decisions. Supposedly half of their stadium failed safety inspections, and needs seven figures worth of improvements to fix it, so they couldn't even have a full crowd now if they wanted to.

They seem like the most likely candidate to follow the Bolton/Wigan financial basket case train.
(by contrast, I reckon Sheffield Wednesday will be next year's Hull).
An interesting one re Sheffield Wednesday. They have I believe large debts and most of their first team squad out of contract at the end if the season.
So their recruitment will have to be spot on and they will need a good choice as a manager. They could easily be a Sunderland

Back
Top Bottom