Ex Player Jack Stevens

I think my favourite quote for Jack Stevens this season so far is from RadOx last Saturday when the commentator said "and Jack Stevens had a fumble between his legs". Is this allowed in public? Could he not have waited until he was in private? I know he didn't really have a lot to do in the match but really.......

I think my favourite quote for Jack Stevens this season so far is from RadOx last Saturday when the commentator said "and Jack Stevens had a fumble between his legs". Is this allowed in public? Could he not have waited until he was in private? I know he didn't really have a lot to do in the match but really.......

If it helps him regain focus, I don't care 🤣

What is the latest on his illness? Eastwood is doing a fine job but I have no idea how good the 3rd choice keeper is and so don't like to rely on him too much

What is the latest on his illness? Eastwood is doing a fine job but I have no idea how good the 3rd choice keeper is and so don't like to rely on him too much
Haven't heard anything specific but glandular fever can be a pig to get rid of properly. One of my sisters caught it in her O level year and had to retake the year. Mind you, the best treatment seems to be to rest, and she might not have been brilliant at that.

If rest is still the best treatment, then even when he's clear of it, it'll take a while to regain strength and fitness. So I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see him in November, maybe even December.

My partner had Glandular Fever and says it was horrific. Basically stuck in bed for a month unable to leave - so the fact that he has been to the training ground is good news in itself. It's going to be a long recovery still, though, and rushing him back in could have more lasting consequences so I think it's unlikely we'll see Jack starting again this calendar year, especially with Easty thus far doing really decently. The decision to give Easty that contract is looking a masterstroke now - easily the best backup keeper in the league and we're very fortunate to have a player of his quality to allow us to give Jack as much time as he needs to get back to 100%

In the iFollow preview last week, they said that Stevens had been back around the club, but will be taking his time to recover core fitness etc.
They weren't putting a timeline on his return.

If Eastwood were to get injured, we'd be permitted to sign an emergency loan because our other young keepers don't have a senior appearance.

In the iFollow preview last week, they said that Stevens had been back around the club, but will be taking his time to recover core fitness etc.
They weren't putting a timeline on his return.

If Eastwood were to get injured, we'd be permitted to sign an emergency loan because our other young keepers don't have a senior appearance.

Does Eastwood's clanger at Bristol last night constitute an emergency??

Does Eastwood's clanger at Bristol last night constitute an emergency??

Eastwood has made a number of great saves since returning and has looked as strong as Jack this season. One mistake (which may even have been due to him getting a call to leave it) is no reason to panic and bring in a player who is still recovering from illness.

He's been playing well ,regroup we know we have failings let's try and keep in touch and get to January

Eastwood was not the only one to make a mistake last night. I haven’t seen anyone lambast Long for his contribution in Rovers’ winner. We shipped four goals - a number of players will be culpable.

His errors from last season are still in the memory so he’ll always come under the microscope. He’s still a decent ‘keeper but I look forward to seeing Stevens come back in.

Rightly or wrongly, any keeper is going to be questioned after letting in 4 goals. It’s the same as how keepers get praise after a clean sheet even if it wasn’t all down to them.

The further back you go on a football pitch, the more a mistake is highlighted. If the team ship 3 goals in 8 minutes then it's very unlikely to be one person's fault. The team have capitulated.

I still hold Marcus Browne as accountable for not chasing down against Wycombe at Wembley as I did Moore for ducking the header and Eastwood for rashly charging out for the penalty. Blaming solely one player is always the wrong way of looking at it and it lets others off the hook.

If you look at their fourth goal last night then obviously it looks poor from Eastwood, but equally Long and whoever it was on the far side (Forde?) who let the Rovers player drift past him to put the ball over. Stop the cross in the first place and the rest never happens. It's about players all over the pitch being individually responsible.

I might be wrong, but wasn’t we 2-0 up against Brizzle Rovers in the 90’s and shipped three goals in 8 mins and lost 3-2. Bogey team!

Twerton park I think it was.

I might be wrong, but wasn’t we 2-0 up against Brizzle Rovers in the 90’s and shipped three goals in 8 mins and lost 3-2. Bogey team!

Twerton park I think it was.
Yep - I was there - Mark Druce scored a brace for us early on. Marcus Stewart scored for them.

Back
Top Bottom