Ex Player Jack Stevens

After being second choice to Easty and finally breaking through this season, the only way I could see Jack wanting to leave is if someone could offer him the number 1 spot. He's on a decent contract and you have to think learning with Wayne Brown and Easty is the reason he's so good so young. I can't see a championship club taking the risk of making him the number 1 so I'd be confident in him staying. We'll definitely sell someone in the summer to help balance the books somewhat after this last year, but I'd suggest that CamBran, Moore and Atkinson will be much higher on the list, and will fetch a much higher fee.

I would have thought that another season as#1 here would do him far more good than going back to be a#2 one division higher, especially given how long he spent waiting for his chance with us.
And with him recently signing a new deal you'd think he'd have a guarantee of being the number one for us next season, form depending of course. It's whether Jack wants to move to a Championship club and be on a bit more money but not play as much, or play 46 league games for us next season. He'll have received a pay rise with us anyway so I reckon all things are pointing to him staying with us for the next season at least.

After being second choice to Easty and finally breaking through this season, the only way I could see Jack wanting to leave is if someone could offer him the number 1 spot. He's on a decent contract and you have to think learning with Wayne Brown and Easty is the reason he's so good so young. I can't see a championship club taking the risk of making him the number 1 so I'd be confident in him staying. We'll definitely sell someone in the summer to help balance the books somewhat after this last year, but I'd suggest that CamBran, Moore and Atkinson will be much higher on the list, and will fetch a much higher fee.
From a footballing perspective I totally agree with you.
But if his wages would treble by moving it may make him think about it.

Cant recall his name but Southend sold a young keeper with a handful of appearances to Manchester United a year or so back. Not sure what the fee was but with United involved you’d think it was relatively sizeable.
Southend had a great keeper (Ted Smith?) but think he retired because he didnt like the pressure

We didn’t even get a million quid for Lundstram or Ledson. Matt Ingram was the standout goalkeeper in the bottom two divisions when Wycombe sold him to QPR in 2016, and he only fetched £500,000. Barnsley wanted Eastwood a few seasons back when he was our POTY and weren’t willing to offer more than £300,000.

Ingram sold for £300k plus add ons and hardly played at QPR.
He left at 22 having played nearly 150 games for us.
Your man Jack needs a full season between the sticks before anyone pays big money for him. At present he’s probably worth about 150k.
All our keepers are out of contract this season and I’d like Ingram or Blackman back for our promotion push next season

Ingram sold for £300k plus add ons and hardly played at QPR.
He left at 22 having played nearly 150 games for us.
Your man Jack needs a full season between the sticks before anyone pays big money for him. At present he’s probably worth about 150k.
All our keepers are out of contract this season and I’d like Ingram or Blackman back for our promotion push next season
hes worth more than your team is.

EmOlxnhXIAEfHwa

I'd say that's a season too soon for all parties.

Stevens needs a full season under his belt as number one, I don't think he's PL level yet. And we need the likes of Brearey and Plumley need to go out on loan to develop before they're suitable backup to Eastwood.

They can get lost. Villa signed Martinez from Arsenal last year who is young and a top class keeper. Arsenal made a big mistake letting him go, so if Stevens does go their he will be back to square one, sat on the bench again, needs at least another year with us. The thought of starting the season with Eastwood and a backup from the youth team is worrying.

Stick a £5m+ price tag on him and hopefully that will put them off.

No chance he gets a good amount of first team football with the form Martinez is in. I'd be really disappointed if Jack made that move this summer.

Villa have Martinez, Jed steer and I think two very highly rated u23 keepers at the club already, JS would soon disappear if he went there....

Look if Villa are that interested Jack there will only be 1 loser. OUFC. We will never get a fee to the value of what he is worth to us. No matter what Villa pay it’s never going to impact them financially due to the amount of cash that is awash in the premiership. How the hell is Jack going to say no? Quite honestly I wouldn’t blame him at all if he decided to go. The Prem is full of squad players who haven’t a hope of playing regularly. Obscene I know but that’s just the way it is.

Villa have Martinez, Jed steer and I think two very highly rated u23 keepers at the club already, JS would soon disappear if he went there....
I guess that it depends how good Jack is and becomes.
If Villa took him it would be because they think that he has huge potential.
Henderson and Ramsdale have done well as young keepers.
You would think that at Villa he would develop even quicker.

I guess that it depends how good Jack is and becomes.
If Villa took him it would be because they think that he has huge potential.
Henderson and Ramsdale have done well as young keepers.
You would think that at Villa he would develop even quicker.

Without game time?

Better for his bank balance if goes to Villa but probably better for game if he goes to the championship.

Without game time?

Better for his bank balance if goes to Villa but probably better for game if he goes to the championship.
Villa could buy him and re-loan him out, if they think it makes better financial sense long term to bid now rather than in a few years.

Back
Top Bottom