Ex Player Jack Stevens

Taylor may have a shout if he has a strong finish to the season. Anything around and over 20 goals for a (lone) striker is a very good season IMO
agree ...though Tayls really needs to starting banging em in regularly from now

Taylor may have a shout if he has a strong finish to the season. Anything around and over 20 goals for a (lone) striker is a very good season IMO
He'd have to have a hell of an end to the season to win it from here for me. Until Tuesday, he'd pretty much gone missing since Tranmere, which was a month ago, meaning we had no reliable source of goals for a really tough and potentially season-defining period. Obviously just a blip and hopefully he's now out the other side, but in the same period Stevens was winning us points with clean sheets and last-minute penalty saves.

Add in the transformative impact he had on the side when he came in and Stevens would have to start throwing it into his own net to lose out on the award from here.

The Oxford Eye hospital will have my vote.

Moore has been extremely solid alongside Atkinson.

Stevens has been a revelation, and we look to have a great shot stopper on our hands.

Long has been reliable and dependable.

The Oxford Eye hospital will have my vote.

Moore has been extremely solid alongside Atkinson.

Stevens has been a revelation, and we look to have a great shot stopper on our hands.

Long has been reliable and dependable.
Shot stopper , I'd say Jack has many more attributes than just that to be honest ...a real modern sweeper keeper

Great that we have so many in the running. Remember when Sammy Deering was a shoo-in just because he wasn't complete sh*t? How far we have come.

Myself, my top three would be Moore, then Long, then Stevens. But splitting hairs really.

I think I'll decide when the vote is actually open as I keep changing my mind!

There was interest from the Championship in January but nothing formal. I wouldn't be surprised to see summer bids, but not at the level where we even entertain selling.

There was interest from the Championship in January but nothing formal. I wouldn't be surprised to see summer bids, but not at the level where we even entertain selling.
What’s a ‘must sell’ price for a young goalie?

What’s a ‘must sell’ price for a young goalie?
Goalkeepers don't sell for as much as outfield players on average, and I'd suspect that Jack would receive bids around £1m. That in no way covers his development costs, or his value to us for next season, and it does nothing to balance the books.

We know that ultimately we are a selling club, and a bid of £3m would be hard to turn down, but that's not going to happen.

I wouldn't say Jack is ready for the championship and his development would be hindered being second fiddle. So for this reason he won't be going anywhere in my opinion.

There has been interest from clubs above the Championship. I’ve got the pic-a-nic basket to prove it.

I wouldn't say Jack is ready for the championship and his development would be hindered being second fiddle. So for this reason he won't be going anywhere in my opinion.
So if we sneak up via a glorious end to the season and Wembley win, you'd want another keeper to be brought in as first choice?

So if we sneak up via a glorious end to the season and Wembley win, you'd want another keeper to be brought in as first choice?

I meant other teams in the championship, they wouldn't be buying him as first choice as he is hardly proven. Now if we did go up, I don't think we will anyways,.we would surely be looking at some real competition for Jack to push him along. At the moment he knows full well Eastwoods times up.

Goalkeepers don't sell for as much as outfield players on average, and I'd suspect that Jack would receive bids around £1m. That in no way covers his development costs, or his value to us for next season, and it does nothing to balance the books.

We know that ultimately we are a selling club, and a bid of £3m would be hard to turn down, but that's not going to happen.

I’d be surprised if he attracted seven figures. Not because he isn’t ‘worth’ that amount but more due to the depleted market at present. The accounts that are being released for Championship clubs are eye watering. Bournemouth lost £75m in their final PL season - god knows what their accounts look like now.

No one will be paying £1m for Stevens at present. Another season under him and a few more decent performances and then offers of that nature may start coming in.

I’d be surprised if he attracted seven figures. Not because he isn’t ‘worth’ that amount but more due to the depleted market at present. The accounts that are being released for Championship clubs are eye watering. Bournemouth lost £75m in their final PL season - god knows what their accounts look like now.

No one will be paying £1m for Stevens at present. Another season under him and a few more decent performances and then offers of that nature may start coming in.
We didn’t even get a million quid for Lundstram or Ledson. Matt Ingram was the standout goalkeeper in the bottom two divisions when Wycombe sold him to QPR in 2016, and he only fetched £500,000. Barnsley wanted Eastwood a few seasons back when he was our POTY and weren’t willing to offer more than £300,000.

Back
Top Bottom