General Jack Stevens - New contract

Good for him.
It is really tough breaking through as a keeper.
At the moment Eastwood is clearly Number one. So Jack either goes out on loan or sits on the bench.
He seems to have done very well in his loans so maybe next season a loan to a National League Premier club and then if we can keep Eastwood for another year he could be ready if/when Eastwood goes?

I wonder if he will become the full-time number two next year. I think Shearer only signed a one year deal?

We’ve also got young goalkeepers Manny and Niall Clayton who are both also highly rated at the club so an embarrassment of riches. All three will hopefully be custodians for us for many years to come

I wonder if he will become the full-time number two next year. I think Shearer only signed a one year deal?

I don’t think it would benefit Jack to sit on the bench all season. Best he gets another seasons experience, hopefully a level higher than he’s played this year, to continue his development.

It will be tough for him to break through. I don’t think we’ve ever produced our own keeper whose go on to play more than a game or two in my 25 years supporting the club...

Think this could happen, could even become our first choice in the Checkatrade games to give him minutes. If we lose Eastwood in the summer then i reckon he will become our number 2. If we don't and we manage to keep him from some of the clubs that have been watching him, then i can see Stevens out on loan. Hopefully to a conference side though as he has consistently been the best player for Tamworth and Oxford City this season.

We’ve also got young goalkeepers Manny and Niall Clayton who are both also highly rated at the club so an embarrassment of riches. All three will hopefully be custodians for us for many years to come

Niall played well last night. Really vocal and a good shop stopper.

If Eastwood was to go in the summer you could do a lot worse than to blood Jack as number 1, Matt Ingram did just that after his loan at City and I’ve seen the same qualities in Jack to suggest he’d be good enough given the chance

Think this could happen, could even become our first choice in the Checkatrade games to give him minutes. If we lose Eastwood in the summer then i reckon he will become our number 2. If we don't and we manage to keep him from some of the clubs that have been watching him, then i can see Stevens out on loan. Hopefully to a conference side though as he has consistently been the best player for Tamworth and Oxford City this season.

They could always rotate the loans and back up keeper role between Manny A and Jack S. 1st half of the season Jack goes out on loan, 2nd half Manny goes out on loan.

I do agree with the comment about should Simon Eastwood move on in the summer then I'd like to see Jack S given a chance as no.1.

Guess that’s the mansgers decision... Opps totally forgot we don’t have one of those!! Hopefully we will by next season... ?

Back
Top Bottom