Jack Payne badly missed

After every defeat it seems everyone’s first reaction is we need a striker when that is far from the issue. We have score 4 goals in 2 games which is a good return but we have also conceded 4 goals in 2 games.

Our problem has been the same all season, we concede too many goals. Sort out the defence and we wouldn’t actually be too far away from a play off place.

I was worried pre season about the defence letting dunks go and just thinking we can replace edwards and skarz with better relying on riberio was madness too many changes all at once and now we have a back 4 with 2 cbs who just arnt good enough and 2 acadamy lads at fb. The fella on the left seems as bad as ricardinho at defending.

I think its the players there are too many bang average and below par ones not enough quality and quality costs I feel we have been let down

After every defeat it seems everyone’s first reaction is we need a striker when that is far from the issue. We have score 4 goals in 2 games which is a good return but we have also conceded 4 goals in 2 games.

Our problem has been the same all season, we concede too many goals. Sort out the defence and we wouldn’t actually be too far away from a play off place.
Jeez - our problem is getting, keeping and using the ball in midfield. Any defence will crumble eventually at this level if you let the opposition keep pumping the balls in from midfield. Remember Exeter in Conference Play Off semi final? We need a manager that will take the game to the opposition, especially at home. We can't sit deep for 88 mins without conceding - no team can at this level. That's why we look better when chasing a game.

As has been said, it's the defence that is the problem. Before yesterday there were only 3 teams in League 1 who had scored more goals than us and all of them in the top 6. That to me says it all.

ITs not an individual thing. We didn’t have any sort of command of the game yesterday. We lost the game due to being outplayed in midfield, not because of mistakes in defence. With the freedom Rovers had it was only a matter of time before they scored.
Agreed. But why didn't Faz do something about it?

Yes, the defence is poor and makes the same errors week after week, but we lost this game because we were overrun in midfield and continuing to play Thomas up front in the second half was pointless.

Yes, the defence is poor and makes the same errors week after week, but we lost this game because we were overrun in midfield and continuing to play Thomas up front in the second half was pointless.
Agree. It looks like the little things the midfield aren't collectively doing, is hurting the defence. But until there are more options available, there isn't a whole lot that can be done. Teams know the players and know how to get at them.

We shouldn’t have been over run in the middle though. We had two other central midfielders on the pitch in mowatt and rothwell. We should be able to adapt and move them about. Faz was as inflexible as pep on sat. A good manager like tisdale who gets his tactics spot on, would have changed more than just players into the same formation.

What do you do when you play 5 in midfield and it's still overrun?

We shouldn’t have been over run in the middle though. We had two other central midfielders on the pitch in mowatt and rothwell. We should be able to adapt and move them about. Faz was as inflexible as pep on sat. A good manager like tisdale who gets his tactics spot on, would have changed more than just players into the same formation.

What do you do when you play 5 in midfield and it's still overrun?

Pull mowatt back so it’s 3 centrally instead of two with one in front. Take mowatt off all together and play Carroll who can play as a defensive midfielder. Stop playing it to the striker who constantly looses it meaning the midfield come straight back under pressure. Play a better centre back so ur midfielders ain’t having to cover defensive mistakes and weaknesses . I can go on, but I’m guessing u weren’t expecting 1 answer let alone 5 [emoji6]

Pull mowatt back so it’s 3 centrally instead of two with one in front. Take mowatt off all together and play Carroll who can play as a defensive midfielder. Stop playing it to the striker who constantly looses it meaning the midfield come straight back under pressure. Play a better centre back so ur midfielders ain’t having to cover defensive mistakes and weaknesses . I can go on, but I’m guessing u weren’t expecting 1 answer let alone 5 [emoji6]

Yep,a big problem is that Mowatt and Payne before him, play as a rigid player in front of the midfield,they don't drop back to help the midfield out when we lose the ball and they also don't play close enough to the lone forward.Thomas then gets isolated followed by Mowatt,then both are out of the game and the midfield just doesn't push up to attack,we then cant hold any sort of possession in the oppositions half.

Play with 3 defensive midfielders? Sexy

Play with 3 defensive midfielders? Sexy

Ruffels and Ledson don’t play as defensive midfielders. Neither sit just in front of the defence, both go box to box and both score a lot of goals. Do u even watch us play ?

Ruffels has scored more than Henry and Rothwell. - so not quite so bitchy eh?

Sorry don't understand, your the one who got unnecessarily personal not me. So ruffels has scored more In his career than joe and Henry so he is more attacking than them? Do you even lift bro?

Anyone know how Payne's getting on at Blackburn? Doesn't seem to have been pulling up trees as far as I can tell - never see his name being brought up on social media or in podcasts as one of their standout performers.

Anyone know how Payne's getting on at Blackburn? Doesn't seem to have been pulling up trees as far as I can tell - never see his name being brought up on social media or in podcasts as one of their standout performers.
Smaller fish in a bigger pond at Blackburn is Payne

Seems to get 10/15 minutes at the end of each game. Surely would have been better for him to stay with us and get game time... But there you go!

Seems to get 10/15 minutes at the end of each game. Surely would have been better for him to stay with us and get game time... But there you go!

Suppose he might have stayed if Pep went first, but the chemistry apparently wasn't there...

Back
Top Bottom