General Ivo Pekalski

wonder how much that's costing us. Must be really poor to not even feature when we've been desperate for more bodies

He’s taking what’s owed to him. It’s up to us to find a compromise to get rid of him no matter how much KR chunters about him. Unless Ivo actually does something to encourage us to sack him, he’s here picking up a wage.

He’s our Winston Bogarde.

Thanks a bunch, Pep.

He’s taking what’s owed to him. It’s up to us to find a compromise to get rid of him no matter how much KR chunters about him. Unless Ivo actually does something to encourage us to sack him, he’s here picking up a wage.

Thanks a bunch, Pep.

KR can get him back and doing some running at least.

KR can get him back and doing some running at least.
might play him in this seasons ox senior cup v ox city if hes still with oufc in feb? ....he did play just over half last seasons ox senior cup v 'City after all

Thanks a bunch, Pep.

I have been more patient than most, I suspect, with Robinson, but this really gets me annoyed. Strikes me as very bad commercial management and man management.
Pekalski is signed by the club, has an unfortunate injury and then (presumably) does his best to get fit so he can contribute. Robinson then tells him he's not going to use him and so Pekalski says, ok in that case can I go back home for Christmas. And remember how KR has banged on about how important families are and having time with them.) KR let's him go back and then criticizes him for doing so! If he had stormed off without permission he would presumably have sacked
Pekalski now says, after trying to find a club, well if you're that keen to get rid of me, then pay up (more of) my contract.
I know there are a few "presumablys" in there and maybe I am giving the benefit of the doubt to Ivo. But he does seem to getting very different treatment than say Carruthers, who in terms of bad, unfortunate injury has been in a similar situation.

I have been more patient than most, I suspect, with Robinson, but this really gets me annoyed. Strikes me as very bad commercial management and man management.
Pekalski is signed by the club, has an unfortunate injury and then (presumably) does his best to get fit so he can contribute. Robinson then tells him he's not going to use him and so Pekalski says, ok in that case can I go back home for Christmas. And remember how KR has banged on about how important families are and having time with them.) KR let's him go back and then criticizes him for doing so! If he had stormed off without permission he would presumably have sacked
Pekalski now says, after trying to find a club, well if you're that keen to get rid of me, then pay up (more of) my contract.
I know there are a few "presumablys" in there and maybe I am giving the benefit of the doubt to Ivo. But he does seem to getting very different treatment than say Carruthers, who in terms of bad, unfortunate injury has been in a similar situation.

He has been fit for a year now, so not similar to the treatment Carruthers is receiving really, one is still recovering.

Sounds like he just wants a good pay off, can’t really blame him, he will go down as possibly our worst ever signing value for money wise, cost us a whack for absolutely nothing but we were stupid enough to give him a good contract.

if he can still sign for someone until april surely he’ll be off

Thanks a bunch, Pep.

Or more recently, our Jack Rodwell

At the recent Manor Club Meeting Faz, when questioned,stated that concerns were raised that Kepalski would not suit League One football, but Pep still wanted to sign him.
Shame nobody raised concerns about Peps suitability as a manager in League One.

The situation is not quite as you state. Robinson gave Ivo his blessing to return home for Christmas and to find himself another club. After a few weeks in Sweden, Ivo announces that he has no deals in place but wants to stay in Sweden. Robinson tells him to get his s**t together or get back to Oxford and train. Not sure what else he would be expected to do? He even gave the option of ending his contract, but Ivo wants a pay out first. Ivo may well be within his rights to get every penny contracted to him, but he's still shifting our club who have already paid him a small fortune for a few minutes of football.

I find people who side with Pekalski over this strange, he chose to stay abroad rather than come back here and train, if he was in any other job he would of been sacked it’s just footballers have such good contracts. This is a player who is probably the biggest waste of money we have ever signed, a player yet to play a minute of first team football despite coming here for a fee and on good wages.

Back
Top Bottom