General Ivo Pekalski

got to be some sort of breach of contract. can't even get a game in the u23's to try and prove himself or is it cos peps gone he just doesn't want to be here

The situation is not quite as you state. Robinson gave Ivo his blessing to return home for Christmas and to find himself another club. After a few weeks in Sweden, Ivo announces that he has no deals in place but wants to stay in Sweden. Robinson tells him to get his s**t together or get back to Oxford and train. Not sure what else he would be expected to do? He even gave the option of ending his contract, but Ivo wants a pay out first. Ivo may well be within his rights to get every penny contracted to him, but he's still shifting our club who have already paid him a small fortune for a few minutes of football.
Thanks Scotchegg
I hadn't realised that. That certainly makes a difference. A mistaken signing followed by an unfortunate injury followed by more mistakes and -as you have highlighted - poor behaviour by Pekalski. A sorry story all round.

Swedish league is starting on the weekend of April 1st and transfer window closes on April 4th, so you'd expect some movement soon if that's his direction as pre-season training will be starting. Otherwise he's going to be running until he spews until May 31st, whereupon he will pick up his last payslip and be off home quick sharp. Some transfers just don't work out unfortunately.

At the recent Manor Club Meeting Faz, when questioned,stated that concerns were raised that Kepalski would not suit League One football, but Pep still wanted to sign him.
Shame nobody raised concerns about Peps suitability as a manager in League One.

Remind me - were we 10th in L1 when he left?

We were, but we were sliding.

DE said that Pep's sacking was down to more than results. Not many people at the club liked him. He talked a good game and made all the noises about continuing what MApp had built here. In the end, that never materialised.

Remind me - had we conceded 7 at home and were on a nosedive down the table? Not saying the original comment was justified, but the 10th position when he left comment doesn't tell the story either...

So it hasn`t worked out for the guy in his job. His contract states a certain level of payment to which he is entitled. Same as every single person on here you hold out to what you are entitled too from your contract. If "we" want to blame anyone, blame the person who signed on behalf of the Club for not ensuring a managed exit policy or clause.

So it hasn`t worked out for the guy in his job. His contract states a certain level of payment to which he is entitled. Same as every single person on here you hold out to what you are entitled too from your contract. If "we" want to blame anyone, blame the person who signed on behalf of the Club for not ensuring a managed exit policy or clause.
He is entitled to the money.
I am.not sure that preferring to be in Sweden is what he is being paid to do however?
Surely he has an obligation to turn up to work and give his best for the pay he us receiving?

I am.not sure that preferring to be in Sweden is what he is being paid to do however?
Surely he has an obligation to turn up to work and give his best for the pay he us receiving?
Yes, if he’s fit and is a defensive midfielder he could be useful if we have injuries

Im not au fait with the various regulations as to where and when international clearance etc works. However ,KR has voiced an opinion along the lines of "You have no future here, take a month of to find a club in Sweden" . That is fine if it is agreed by both parties however, if the suggestion is then "....and dont bother coming back"..... the club are teetering on the edge of constructive dismissal (subject to contract).
We may also not be offering a reasonable adjustment to his "work" considering his injuries and conflict with the manager.
A good agent will have factored all that in to his contract......would make an interesting read!!

He also has an obligation to actually do his job, which at the very least is training his a**e off.

We were, but we were sliding.

DE said that Pep's sacking was down to more than results. Not many people at the club liked him. He talked a good game and made all the noises about continuing what MApp had built here. In the end, that never materialised.
How ironic!!

Bye Ivo, we hardly knew thee.

Goes into the annals of worst signings ever, certainly in terms of value for money if (probably) not talent. Not a single professional game for OUFC and a tad over 18 months of contract paid (what do we reckon money-wise? 50 grand a year?)

Back
Top Bottom