Ex Player Ivo Pekalaski farmed out ....

Why don't they just cancel his contract, he will not be back!

Because a loan is probly cheaper for now.

Undoubtedly Halmstads will be picking up some of his wages. If he impresses they may want him permanently, which could again reduce any pay off if their new season starts before the end of his contract with us.

Our worst ever signing when you consider he cost a fee and must of been on good money (still costing us some).

Probably wants his contract paying up and Oxford don’t want to do it. One of the most bizarre signings of recent years, closely followed by Van Kessel.

Not “bizarre” at all, just got injured following which we had a managerial change. It happens.

Were it not for his cruciate rupture, might have played 30+ games and been an inspired signing.

Might have been crap.

Real shame it didn’t work out for him (and us).

Not “bizarre” at all, just got injured following which we had a managerial change. It happens.

Were it not for his cruciate rupture, might have played 30+ games and been an inspired signing.

Might have been crap.

Real shame it didn’t work out for him (and us).
Although Robinson basically said he was crap and wasn't good enough.

I get the impression Pep wasted huge money on wages for players who simply weren't worth it. It maybe the case that Pekalaski is now fit and has a good season at Halmstads this still does not change the fact that at Oxford he is not value for money. At least with this loan we have the potential of getting some of his wages paid for. This will hopefully allow us to get in players that are better value for money.

Post ACL injury and surgery.

Not sure Robinson assessed him as a player before the injury, which is a significant injury in anyone's book.

Swedish international manager thought he probably WAS good enough.
Just saying what Robinson said in an interview.

Swedish international manager thought he probably WAS good enough.

Yes but WAS might be the operative word! That was five years ago, and despite only being 27 now he featured for them twice then and never since.

He was obviously unlucky with the injury and never had a chance to show us what he could do. I'll admit that of all the strange signings Clotet made, I thought at the time that he looked one of the more promising (at least on paper/screen!). I hope he gets his career back on track.

Made his first appearance at Halmstad yesterday, on as sub in the 52nd minute and was booked near the end.
Halmstad with their third consecutive defeat as well.

Back
Top Bottom