EPL Ivan Toney

oufc1991

You gotta love this bloke he's only gone on social media saying f**k Brentford recently and then another video emerges of him saying he's a professional football but plays nowhere exciting what a t**t

You gotta love this bloke he's only gone on social media saying f**k Brentford recently and then another video emerges of him saying he's a professional football but plays nowhere exciting what a t**t

What did Brentford fans expect though. He refused to sign for them when he was at Posh as he wanted a bigger club, a bigger club didn't come in for him so he ended up signing for Brentford.

I saw that - as the interviewer didn’t know who he was he sidestepped the interviewer giving a smart a**e reply if he said Brentford.

Not sure. Are there any precedents?
Chris Maguire is up for betting as well

Some here:

Can't say I'm surprised to see Joey Barton involved as he likes suspensions. I'm certain there have been more in the lower leagues and non league as well but Google isn't my friend.

Last edited:
I do remember a well-known fullback for us getting told off for being seen putting bets on games just after the Macari problems down the road. He was confronted in the Supporters' club after one game. Wasn't putting bets on our games, but another match.

Toney`s case started in 2017 (allegedly) yet its ignored for 5 years just until he is on the verge of the big time.

232 alleged breaches....... 1. Surely he knew the rules? 2. Some "friend" has done him like a kipper?

Toney`s case started in 2017 (allegedly) yet its ignored for 5 years just until he is on the verge of the big time.

232 alleged breaches....... 1. Surely he knew the rules? 2. Some "friend" has done him like a kipper?

The breaches related to 2017 onwards
The article doesn't suggest that the FA have been looking at it since then

What a ridiculous way to ruin your career. I'm not sure if he has an actual addiction but if he does I hope he gets the support for it he needs.

I guess it all depends what matches he was betting on, and the nature of the bets. If he was betting on an Uzbekistani 3rd division match, then that's not so bad.

Brentford winning against team X, is a bit more serious as he has a direct influence in the outcome, but as a professional footballer, he should be trying to win the match anyway.

If he is betting on Brentford scoring under 2.5 goals, then that is very serious because if there have been two goals already in the game, and he's clean through on goal, the incentive to stick the shot into row Z is a lot higher.

I guess it all depends what matches he was betting on, and the nature of the bets. If he was betting on an Uzbekistani 3rd division match, then that's not so bad.

Brentford winning against team X, is a bit more serious as he has a direct influence in the outcome, but as a professional footballer, he should be trying to win the match anyway.

If he is betting on Brentford scoring under 2.5 goals, then that is very serious because if there have been two goals already in the game, and he's clean through on goal, the incentive to stick the shot into row Z is a lot higher.
The FA have a zero tolerance policy on players betting on any football matches so I think he’s in serious trouble regardless of the matches involved.

The FA have a zero tolerance policy on players betting on any football matches so I think he’s in serious trouble regardless of the matches involved.

What I mean is that if he has deliberately underperformed in matches he has been involved in, in order for his bets to come to fruition, then it's not just the FA who would taking action. Scotland Yard could well take an interest in that too as it is an an attempt to defraud the book-makers.

If that happens, then a fine and ban will be the least of his worries. He could up with a spell in prison, which is exactly what happened to three Pakistan cricketers involved in the spot-fixing scandal back in 2010.

Back
Top Bottom