National News ITV leaders debate: Johnson v Corbyn - who won?

Who won the ITV leaders debate?

• Johnson

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • Corbyn

Votes: 22 44.9%
  • No one

Votes: 16 32.7%

• Total voters
Boris was Boris, wavered a bit, but generally held up well.
JC came across as expected, was considered and made his points well.
Both will carry out there pledges.
Only one party has a “plan” beyond the first five years .
We all need the manifestos to dig deeper.

If by won you mean spoke over the presenter the most about the topics that suited them most and didn't answer the question particularly about their previous misdemeanours then Boris won.

If by won you mean spoke over the presenter the most about the topics that suited them most and didn't answer the question particularly about their previous misdemeanours then Boris won.
Boris spoke over the presenter to finish answering what he was asked.

Correct decision to send Alice, Matt and Georgia home from Masterchef The Professionals. That lad from the Navy’s muntjac dish looked great.

That’s far more important than the stupid sound bite bingo that is the political debates.

Corbyn probably fared a little better, but these things don’t really mean anything.

Disgusting from the Tories rebranding their press office twitter account as “Fact Check UK” during the debate only to change it back straight after. Another example of the smoke and mirrors, propaganda bullshit that is now used via social media to sway people through downright lies and deception. People should be in jail for what they’re doing to our politics now and yet they’re somehow gaining fans and recruiting soldiers while acting like this. Disgusting.

Corbyn probably fared a little better, but these things don’t really mean anything.

Disgusting from the Tories rebranding their press office twitter account as “Fact Check UK” during the debate only to change it back straight after. Another example of the smoke and mirrors, propaganda bullshit that is now used via social media to sway people through downright lies and deception. People should be in jail for what they’re doing to our politics now and yet they’re somehow gaining fans and recruiting soldiers while acting like this. Disgusting.

That rebranding of thier own twitter account as factchecker uk during the debate was ,imo ,a new low ....

Twitter or any "Social Media"....is 99.9% BS ......................but hey its "instant :poop: :poop: " ...........seems to be how society works these days!

I`ve got better things to do with my life than watch two vastly different personalities on permanent rewind & soundbites.
I`ll wait till the manifesto`s appear rather than worry about some sort of "personality contest".

Neither won it and neither lost it. Boris didn't :poop: the bed as was worried about in CCHQ and Corbyn didn't really elevate himself in that debate like Clegg did ages ago. The fact both got laughed at indicated no one won that shoutathon.

Oh and to add to the Factcheck disgrace....YOUGOV have been caught out too:

View attachment 2430

Perhaps not all that surprising when you see who the founders are:

View attachment 2431

They really are scraping the barrel aren't they?

I'm sorry this is a little too conspiracy theory for me. You really think (or some to be implying) yougov faked data to show a 2% opinion poll lead about the outcome of a debate? Massive risk, with no gain.I suspect it is far more likely just a time stamp mistake (perhaps the poll was published at 6.50pm and this article replaced that page afterwards for example).

And if you read 5he actual article, it is pretty balanced.

Back
Top Bottom