Transfer News Isaac Buckley-Ricketts - On loan

IBR is unfortunately a classic example of where the Academy/U23 system fails. Older than Lego, but looks less adapted to the mens game and struggling to maintain concentration when on the pitch.

Perhaps he feels he will s too good for us and didn’t want to come here but Pep no not that one but the one but the one with the surname beginning with the letter G, felt that is would be better to come here than be abroad.

Issac had a great opportunity last night, if nothing more than to impress the local watching scouts. He was certainly not as committed as some, although I did think he held his position well in the first half.

The performance Canice put in not only put Issac to shame but also Gino. We witnessed more effort and commitment up front from Carroll than we've seen from a host of players playing up top. Not only that, he caused them problems, had a will to win and should have been awarded a penalty having been man-handled.

Unfortunately some of the decisions didn't go our way, almost certainly due to our s**t-house tactics*

*which was an absolute joy to witness from an Oxford United side.
Totally agree with that Simon.

Buckley Rickets and Gino had a good chance to show what they could do. Neither 'put themselves around' whilst Carroll did in spades. Dunkley had an easy evening until Carroll totally shook him up.

What Kettle was doing giving Dunkley a free kick when it could just as easily have been a penalty who knows?

The only thing I will say in Buckley Richards favour is that KR didn't choose to bring him here and needs have meant that he has had to be pragmatic.

Tyler Roberts was ineffective and looked 'lost' at times to start with. MAPP though had the luxury of playing him here and there (JPT, League Cup, as a substitute late in league games) and developing him so that when he left and went to Shrewsbury (from memory) he was a decent League player.

The only thing I will say in Buckley Richards favour is that KR didn't choose to bring him here and needs have meant that he has had to be pragmatic.

Tyler Roberts was ineffective and looked 'lost' at times to start with. MAPP though had the luxury of playing him here and there (JPT, League Cup, as a substitute late in league games) and developing him so that when he left and went to Shrewsbury (from memory) he was a decent League player.
And is now at Leeds (injured).

IBR is unfortunately a classic example of where the Academy/U23 system fails. Older than Lego, but looks less adapted to the mens game and struggling to maintain concentration when on the pitch.

Ledson has been playing ‘mens’ football For years. Nearly 30 appearances in league 2 for Cambridge, over 70 appearances for us. Pretty impressive for a 20 year old. Ledson, and probably the wider Everton academy see the value in going out in loan. IBR has clearly been sat in the U23s having a different experience...

Ledson has been playing ‘mens’ football For years. Nearly 30 appearances in league 2 for Cambridge, over 70 appearances for us. Pretty impressive for a 20 year old. Ledson, and probably the wider Everton academy see the value in going out in loan. IBR has clearly been sat in the U23s having a different experience...
Such as Shaun Harvey's abominable experiment (Checkatrade trophy competition, with it's ever-changing rules and requirements for the U23 elite)?:unsure::unsure::unsure:

We don’t know what he’s like as a person. He might be a really good kid and the fact that he’s been prepared to go out to Holland and down to league 1 to gain some experience suggests that he’s not the arrogant big time Charlie that some are suggesting. However, I do think he needs to swallow some pride and realise that he needs to do a hell of a lot of hard graft if he wants any sort of career as a pro footballer. He needs to put some hard yards in in the gym and maybe drop down to the National League and find a club to settle at for a while and learn his trade. Then in a couple of years time there may be a good player that a club like us could benefit from.

Such as Shaun Harvey's abominable experiment (Checkatrade trophy competition, with it's ever-changing rules and requirements for the U23 elite)?:unsure::unsure::unsure:
But surely if MC U23s had been allowed to play a whole season in League 2.5, then IBR et al WOULD have had more experience in mens football???
<Ducks for cover, in case anyone's humour sensors are not working>

I would love bringing back the a proper reserve league. I loved mid-weeks watching the reserves in the 80's. Good mix of returning "names" and youth team players. Proper football.

But surely if MC U23s had been allowed to play a whole season in League 2.5, then IBR et al WOULD have had more experience in mens football???
<Ducks for cover, in case anyone's humour sensors are not working>
I that the leading Bayern, R Madrid and Barca B teams play in their lower leagues. I am up bringing this in.

The Checkatrade is just the start. I believe in time there will be Epl B Teams in the L1/L2/Conference. Works in Germany and I think they are pretty good at this football lark basis world cup performance. I was surprised to learn that the Bundesliga only started in 1963. Before that it was regional football leagues. I think that is incredible. I also admire their ticket prices, fans memberships, safe standing, atmosphere at grounds, ultras etc...etc...Bundesliga is a 36 game season with 6 week winter break. Erm. I wonder why they win summer tournaments?

The Checkatrade is just the start. I believe in time there will be Epl B Teams in the L1/L2/Conference. Works in Germany and I think they are pretty good at this football lark basis world cup performance. I was surprised to learn that the Bundesliga only started in 1963. Before that it was regional football leagues. I think that is incredible. I also admire their ticket prices, fans memberships, safe standing, atmosphere at grounds, ultras etc...etc...Bundesliga is a 36 game season with 6 week winter break. Erm. I wonder why they win summer tournaments?

In all seriousness, I seen reports of lower league teams absolutely hating the situation in Germany and claiming it has been a major cause of financial difficulties for them. The depth doesn't go as far either as the 4th tier is regionalised.

Now that's a rather naughty post!

Depends if you think that the performance of the national team in summer competitions is the be-all and end-all, rather than the widespread weekly enjoyment of decent quality football, and if you think that competitions like the Checkatrade - where many of the players wouldn't be eligible for home nations national teams anyway - would make much difference. I'm more invested in 50 Oxford games every year than I am in a few England games that only mean very much every couple of years.

Back
Top Bottom