Transfer News Isaac Buckley-Ricketts - On loan

Seens like he's got the same attitude as Crowley did a couple of seasons back. Personally I would send both MCFC loanees back now even if we have to pay their wages for a few more weeks.. Whenever I have seen them, I have been very underwhelmed. Compare his attitude with Kane, who seems to be really enjoying himself and is fully committed. It's not just about ability. Those two have a long way to go if they think they are going to have decent careers in pro football.

If we’re safe before the Blackburn game it would be great to see some of the youth lads like Berry-Hargreaves and Noel-Williams on the bench. The experience would be invaluable. I think it’s something the supporters would also love to see. Better them than the likes of Mehmeti and Tiendalli.. It would be a signal that it’s time to look forward, not back at a dismal forgettable season
Ditto that ^^

in some ways i agree about gwtting the young players involved once safe....however i think we also have to be wary of putting them in for the sake of it if they arent prepared for a first team game, especially against a side of Blackburns quality.

Experience is only a good thing if it goes well, if the young lads play and we lose 5 or 6 nil then straight away they are questioning if they are up to it before they have even got going.

If these young lads are genuinley knocking on the door then fair enough, give them a chance but if we are selecting them just because they are young to make a point, id stay clear of doing it.

in some ways i agree about gwtting the young players involved once safe....however i think we also have to be wary of putting them in for the sake of it if they arent prepared for a first team game, especially against a side of Blackburns quality.

Experience is only a good thing if it goes well, if the young lads play and we lose 5 or 6 nil then straight away they are questioning if they are up to it before they have even got going.

If these young lads are genuinley knocking on the door then fair enough, give them a chance but if we are selecting them just because they are young to make a point, id stay clear of doing it.
agree with that ^^^

Seens like he's got the same attitude as Crowley did a couple of seasons back. Personally I would send both MCFC loanees back now even if we have to pay their wages for a few more weeks.. Whenever I have seen them, I have been very underwhelmed. Compare his attitude with Kane, who seems to be really enjoying himself and is fully committed. It's not just about ability. Those two have a long way to go if they think they are going to have decent careers in pro football.
Kane is 24 so a couple of years older which makes a big difference in terms of maturity. At his age he probably realises that if he doesn’t make a good go of it in League 1 his chances of a successful career in the football league are limited. That said IBR looked like out of his depth both physically and mentally.

agree with that ^^^

You’re in a very agreeable mood Sarge

Sunday early evening... ahead of schedule workwise, ...had a couple of beers,.... yes, or yup! ;), tis fair assessment @makv , at present I am in an agreeable mood:cool:

I agree, what is there not to be agreeable to. Especially after a couple of beers ?

Woeful again tonight. Hope we don’t see him in an Oxfird shirt again. Would have thought he had something to prove?

If he ever needs an example of what can happen to someone with a bad attitude this is Crowley's career now -
Crowley signed a 3 year deal permanent deal with Dutch club Willem in July 17 who sent him on loan as of January this year to SC Cambuur, so dutch 2nd division.

Maybe he too far up his own a**e to know, he’s a Man City player so he thinks he’s made it.

I’m not convinced it is attitude. I just don’t think he’s physically or mentally up to the demands of men’s football.

I’m not convinced it is attitude. I just don’t think he’s physically or mentally up to the demands of men’s football.
I think it's a combination of all three. Compare his attitude to that of Canice last night, he played several different positions, always showed for the ball and really battled when he went up top and made it tricky for Burn and Dunkley. He's not brilliant technically but he desperately wants to win and takes the responsibility on himself. IBR spent most of the game hiding and on the rare occasions he got the ball he promptly lost if either through lack of skill or strength. If he wasn't at Man City he would be nowhere near the England youth set up.

As if getting hooked after 15mins wasn’t the end of his Oxford career...last night will have certainly ended it.

I don’t care if you are rubbish at football, at least run about and make an effort.

Walking about like billy big B*****s with nothing to back it up isn’t really going to cut it

As if getting hooked after 15mins wasn’t the end of his Oxford career...last night will have certainly ended it.

I don’t care if you are rubbish at football, at least run about and make an effort.

Walking about like billy big B*****s with nothing to back it up isn’t really going to cut it
Still don't understand how he played instead of Napa. Napa atleast puts effort in and closes down defenders. The only thing i can think of is we agreed to play him a certain amount.

Issac had a great opportunity last night, if nothing more than to impress the local watching scouts. He was certainly not as committed as some, although I did think he held his position well in the first half.

The performance Canice put in not only put Issac to shame but also Gino. We witnessed more effort and commitment up front from Carroll than we've seen from a host of players playing up top. Not only that, he caused them problems, had a will to win and should have been awarded a penalty having been man-handled.

Unfortunately some of the decisions didn't go our way, almost certainly due to our s**t-house tactics*

*which was an absolute joy to witness from an Oxford United side.

I’ll be very surprised if he plays again in a yellow shirt. It seemed after another episode of IBR failing to run and close them down KR looked at the bench and wanted to make a change. I think he had seen enough at that point.

We gave him a chance. Several. And he failed to take them. Can’t imagine he’ll be seen in a blue shirt either. Go get a proper job mate.

Back
Top Bottom