Transfer News Isaac Buckley-Ricketts - On loan

IBR needs to better in the head. It maybe ok to coast around in U20 tournaments or U23 leagues because your team mates are good, but you have to be at it in the real world. If IBR wants a career in football, he can't afford to pull the crap that he pulled today again.

Last edited:
Don't think either of the 2 City lads can cope with the step up from the mollycoddled Premiership development football to League 1.

Wonder how much they get paid.

Compare their attitudes/performances with previous Premier League loan players like Jon Joe Kenny, Robbie Hall, Kemar Roofe.

I felt a bit sorry for him today. I don’t think it was a problem with attitude or application, so criticism is unfair. I just think he lacks the physicality and speed of thought needed at the moment. In short he’s just not ready. The same goes for ASB. KR got it bang on with his comments, lower league clubs have got to start growing some kahunas and tell the Prem clubs that we’re not here just to develop their youngsters. If they’re not up to it, they don’t play.

Worrying thing is he's clearly the better of the 2 loanees

Absolute shite both of them

I thought he must have been injured but if Robinson really did bring him off for attitude reasons then fair play to him

EDIT: Just seen Robinson's comments about him, fair play to him, I originally thought IBR must have been injured but i'm 100% behind Robinson in brginging him off and then making these comments

Where can I read KR’s comments about IBR? Just watched I follow interview and no mention of him. Ta.

Makes you wonder what City look for in a player. In my humble opinion he is nowhere near good enough to play above League 1 or 2.

He’s probably shone in games against kids but when it comes to playing against/with seasoned professionals who are fighting for their next contract etc he’s well out of his depth.

Makes you wonder what City look for in a player. In my humble opinion he is nowhere near good enough to play above League 1 or 2.
Well City have just conceded 6 goals in two games when it’s come to the crunch so maybe that tells you all you need to know about their player recruitment ?

Maybe the two Peps are nearer in standard than we first thought. Perhaps they both need to grasp the concept that it’s about winning the battles at both ends of the pitch, not how pretty you look in the middle third.

Last edited:
It would be very interesting to see Man City's view on all of this. I assume that they will not be too happy but if they had seen him play for us ...

I wonder who identified the three loan signings in the transfer window? This was POST Pep and whilst Kane has been a solid signing, the other two have been very poor signings and have not improved us in really key positions.

After watching the U18s final last week, both wide midfielders for us, although not the same type of player as IBR and not as quick, looked as though they would be at least as useful. The big question would be would it harm their development throwing them in to this situation, only the staff know that, but from the little I’ve seen of them they couldn’t do any worse as squad players

IBR doesn't seem to want to do the hard yards work defensively and won't put himself into 50/50 challenges, rather when tackling will hang his foot in there to try to nick the ball instead of going in properly.

The most frustrating thing though is his failure to use his best attribute which is his pace. He seems to take ages to get going by which time he is under pressure. If he got the ball down and just ran with the ball at pace, playing direct then he would be fair more effective. He also needs to find space, offering an option and use his pace then as a threat.

If we’re safe before the Blackburn game it would be great to see some of the youth lads like Berry-Hargreaves and Noel-Williams on the bench. The experience would be invaluable. I think it’s something the supporters would also love to see. Better them than the likes of Mehmeti and Tiendalli.. It would be a signal that it’s time to look forward, not back at a dismal forgettable season

City will be monitoring his progress, or lack of it. For a manager like KR to sub him after 15 minutes won't go unnoticed. He needs to realise he out on loan to improve not make up numbers.

Back
Top Bottom