Is this going to be In the news when we are at home All the time?

Putting aside the (slight) embarrassment element of the let's all laugh at the three sided stadium club, I do think that this is something that should be allowed to continue,
I presume you mean should *not* be allowed to continue?

I completely agree with this. Media coverage of the Portsmouth and Sunderland games was, at best chuckling about the fence and fans being able to see to - in the BBC’s case, arguably glorifying it.

Setting aside the eye-rolling at the never-ending National media/opposition supporter wise-cracking at us having a fence at one end (because lord knows after almost 20 years, they just get funnier right?!...) the lack of condemnation that I’ve seen is disappointing...

(and sets a worrying precedent for when the six-fingered lot are due to show up...)

(and sets a worrying precedent for when the six-fingered lot are due to show up...)
Indeed. A few plonkers from Sunderland in a white van is one thing, the rest were sensible enough to stay at home.

I have the feeling that won't be the same for the Swindon match. And then some of our lot will turn up and then there will be trouble. Needs nipping in the bud.

Yes some very good points mentioned here , would our local TVP official yellows forum chap have a view on all this ?

I’ll echo what’s been said above. A handful of supporters peering over the fence is one thing, but when it starts being shown on various media outlets it’s only going to give more of them the confidence to drive down and watch the game from over the open end. I doubt there would be any trouble with any fans other than Swindon nor thousands in number, but a few hundred of one of the better supported sides like Portsmouth or Ipswich would be a very poor look. We do not want this becoming an unwelcome headline either for COVID19 concerns or violence linked with football.

It needs a solution. Policing it is the obvious one but maybe marking off a few rows of parking spaces behind the goal as a no-go area too. The further back you are, the less you’ll be able to see acting as a deterrent anyway even if you are stood on a transit van. There should still be plenty of parking for match day officials, press, visitors to the cinema etc.

The lack of condemnation of this is wrong. I'm quite sick of various media outlets giving it the whole "look how loyal they are!" When what they are doing is technically illegal. It needs a quick solution. Personally I would just block off access to the fence end with that Berlin wall thing TVP use for the games against the Pig Fiddlers, for starters.

Apparently they turned up expecting to see some serious play and ended up watching a comedy show :) They accepted the late alteration and went home happy :)

Id be amazed if TVP allow anyone to congregate outside when the inbreds come. Anyway they never show up when things are normal, this is the ideal excuse for them not to come...

Let's be honest (not saying this is a good thing) Swindon would be scared to turn up at Oxford without knowing they had police protection.

I haven't got a van but if I did I'd watch this Saturdays game on the roof of it at The Fence End!

We've seen s couple of instances now of Pompey and Sunderland fans watching unchallenged from the car park so it would be great to have some Oxford fans there making a racket!

There's nothing to stop a group from the same household or a group of less than 6 from doing so - all perfectly within the current rules! ?

I haven't got a van but if I did I'd watch this Saturdays game on the roof of it at The Fence End!

We've seen s couple of instances now of Pompey and Sunderland fans watching unchallenged from the car park so it would be great to have some Oxford fans there making a racket!

There's nothing to stop a group from the same household or a group of less than 6 from doing so - all perfectly within the current rules! ?

Portsmouth and Sunderland fans looked pathetic and I'd hope that we didn't drop to their standards.

IF the ban on supporters at games is still going on, are any Oxford fans contemplating still going to the game?? You wouldn't get to see much football, but would have great fun chasing them around the roundabouts and shopping centre.... ;)

Back
Top Bottom