Chairman is on Radio Oxford 5 min' fans forum

Sarge

God like member
95.2fm or digital radio ... in 15 mins & counting

many questions albeit some combined

Q any news on ground/ hows arbitration going?

A due to meet mr Kassam tues , cancelled hope to meet soon

Q please find us a new ground(?)

A looking at every option

QHas Tiger imposed any players on the first team?

A imposed is a strong term, its a recruitment board , ALL the recruitment board have to agree on a player joing oufc

Q Director of Football?

A. not sure, for now Mark Thomas doing a good job

Q next seasons budget bigger or smaller than this season?

A. Competitive, and what is needed in January

Q will season tickets be staying the same or going up?

A.ST will not go up, cant announce prices until we know what league we will be in, everyone come along and cheer us on on saturday against wycombe. We need 4 or 5 points to be safe

QWill we see full board at a home game this season, will we see Erik this season?

A Erik busy indonesean elections which are on April 17th, Erik will be at the last home game

Q.What does tiger do outside of losing money on owning a football club

A. Shipping and Real estate

They've already got a plan for Erik to be at the last game of the season? Announcement day?

'Shipping and real estate'?!! I thought he was a clothes manufacturer?

Since he can't ship us anywhere, I'm guessing 'real estate' is his motive then.

He doesn’t say he’s in shipping. He said that he has a clothing business shipping all over the world.

I thought he did well in tonight’s interview.

“Erick will come, probably the last home game of the season,” he said.

“We talk sometimes and he has a lot of plans for Oxford United that we’re going to put together.

“He’s invested money.

“He will be a good asset, a good consultant.

“He always makes good suggestions because he used to run a big club.”

Pick the bones out of that lot then!

..... but next year’s budget will be “the same or a little less.”

I guess that finally puts to bed any significant involvement from Thohir after April 17th? It seems his role will be advisory with minor investment.
He will be a “good consultant.” There you go.....

I guess that finally puts to bed any significant involvement from Thohir after April 17th? It seems his role will be advisory with minor investment.

The question appeared to be about the playing budget. Erick, if investing, would be more likely to fund stadium development or build. So he could be throwing a lot of money our way without increasing the playing budget.

The question appeared to be about the playing budget. Erick, if investing, would be more likely to fund stadium development or build. So he could be throwing a lot of money our way without increasing the playing budget.
Fair point. Hope that’s the case.

Q Has Tiger imposed any players on the first team?

A imposed is a strong term, its a recruitment board , ALL the recruitment board have to agree on a player joing oufc

Well they need to look at that again because it’s the single most important part of the coming summer and based on last summer one of the worst performing parts of the club.
Better in January granted.

Well they need to look at that again because it’s the single most important part of the coming summer and based on last summer one of the worst performing parts of the club.
Better in January granted.
Agree.
The interesting other thing will be whether any of the U23s will be considered to be good enough to step up?

If and it’s a huge if, a new stadium comes to fruition then Thohir is there lurking in the background to provide proof of funds for the relevant bodies.

No shiny new stadium and you won’t see Thohir for dust and probably one or two others also.

In the meantime we can only hope that the club’s debt doesn’t significantly increase under Thanakarnjanasuth stewardship.

Back
Top Bottom