Is John Isner the Wycombe of tennis?

mooro

I've enjoyed watching some of the tennis this year, but watching 6ft10 Isner just thump down serve after serve to beat Murray is one of the most tedious and off-putting things I've seen in sport for a long time - probably since the last time I saw wwfc in action

Yeah he's the Wycombe of tennis in so much as I'm completely uninterested in anything he does.

Good analogy.

Fortunately in tennis, like football, it doesn`t always mean brutality wins.

Roof closed, crowd getting into it, got to love the British Summer sport schedule.

And Isner wins it........... have we got anyone left in Wimbledon? Been dropping like flies!

Ace, Ace, Ace….. just bang it down from 9 feet. The death of tennis.

And Isner wins it........... have we got anyone left in Wimbledon? Been dropping like flies!

Harriet Dart as well.

We do tend to put a downer on all the British players. 128 players will compete in each of the mens’ and womens’ singles will compete and 127 won’t win it. Murray with his bionic hip and Raducanu who is still finding her feet after after her US Open win (which was akin to Leicester winning the PL in terms of sporting shocks) were never going to win the tournament yet we heap loads of pressure on them to do so.

I've enjoyed watching some of the tennis this year, but watching 6ft10 Isner just thump down serve after serve to beat Murray is one of the most tedious and off-putting things I've seen in sport for a long time - probably since the last time I saw wwfc in action
Nah, he is a lovely guy.

This is why football is the most popular of sports, because there is not one factor that has too much of an influence on the outcome.

In tennis it is the serve, in rugby it's the kicker, motor racing it's the car and American football the quarter back whereas in football you can have a star player in one position but that alone won't win you the game whoever it is