Ireland in Pre-Season

It's not that great in Ireland either! There are much better Irish stouts such as Dungarvan Black Rock from Waterford and Brehon Ulster Black Oatmeal Stout from Monaghan, both sheer nectar in a bottle and available in Dublin.
I love stout, I will have to see if those are exported here.

I love stout, I will have to see if those are exported here.
If you fancy a good Stout that isn't Guinness, suggest either one of the Porterhouses or L Mulligan Grocers - see my post on page 3. No doubt there are other good pubs too that I am not aware of. I'm sure Dubox can give us some more recommendations. Beers of Europe have some tasty stouts and porters if you want to order online.

If you fancy a good Stout that isn't Guinness, suggest either one of the Porterhouses or L Mulligan Grocers - see my post on page 3. No doubt there are other good pubs too that I am not aware of. I'm sure Dubox can give us some more recommendations. Beers of Europe have some tasty stouts and porters if you want to order online.

Thanks for that @monsieurgrumpy

Booked for Ireland in July. Looking forward to the games at Portmarnock and UCD but will probably give the Longford visit a miss. Even with transport laid on after the game, can't see how I would be back in Dublin in time for the last bus or DART train to Bray.

I was over in Ireland and Dublin end of May. Had a tour of Croke Park. No anti-English sentiment. Had a great trip. I guarantee you will enjoy the Irish hospitality. I know I did!

Just back from a weekend in Dublin to see Gorillaz at Malahide Castle.
We stayed at the Premier Inn at the airport (Swords) and a cab to the city was €15-20 depending on traffic. We had a go at public transport but found it less than reliable.

Malahide itself was a beautiful seaside town with great restaurants and pubs. If you are going just for the first game against Portmarnock then I greatly recommend that area as they are only 3 miles apart, although with this amount of lead time it will be hard finding anywhere at a decent price

Any thoughts on how many are going? Mate of mine said if there’s 300 of us at Longford, there won’t be any room for their fans!

Also, someone posted earlier about free transport being laid on. Any details anywhere?

Any thoughts on how many are going? Mate of mine said if there’s 300 of us at Longford, there won’t be any room for their fans!

Also, someone posted earlier about free transport being laid on. Any details anywhere?
Get in touch w

send an email to kfaulkner@oufc.co.uk She is collecting names so they know how many coaches they will need.

Get in touch w

send an email to kfaulkner@oufc.co.uk She is collecting names so they know how many coaches they will need.

Cheers

Longford's ground, Strokestown Road (City Calling Stadium) holds 6,850, so we should be fine...

Flying over on Thursday, but confused already. On the Yellowarmy link above it claims the UCD match kicks off at 6.45 but on the OUFC website, it says 7.45. Does anyone know which is correct? Either way, of course, it clashes with the World Cup semi in England's half of the draw.

For those going to the Portmarnock game. Chris Williams has put this in his second Ireland diary piece on the website

"When they head for the training pitch I break ranks for the first time and walk up the hill to Portmarnock AFC to have a look at the ground where the first game is to be played a week on Monday. There can be few more scenic grounds and I am in luck because the team are training and the guys who run the club are watching. We chat, have a laugh and run through a few ideas to accommodate the fans who come over. If you are coming then please note that there isn’t a stand, as such, and no bar. If you were with us in Spain a couple of years ago then think back to the game at the training camp where fans sat on a grass bank. This time you will be ringing the pitch and leaning on a metal fence. And, as at that match, there is no bar at the game itself, but drinks will be available in the nearby Leisure centre bar. "

For those going to the Portmarnock game. Chris Williams has put this in his second Ireland diary piece on the website

"When they head for the training pitch I break ranks for the first time and walk up the hill to Portmarnock AFC to have a look at the ground where the first game is to be played a week on Monday. There can be few more scenic grounds and I am in luck because the team are training and the guys who run the club are watching. We chat, have a laugh and run through a few ideas to accommodate the fans who come over. If you are coming then please note that there isn’t a stand, as such, and no bar. If you were with us in Spain a couple of years ago then think back to the game at the training camp where fans sat on a grass bank. This time you will be ringing the pitch and leaning on a metal fence. And, as at that match, there is no bar at the game itself, but drinks will be available in the nearby Leisure centre bar. "

I think the venue of choice before the game would be Gibneys in malahide and maybe the club afterwards,if we get weather like today it will be the perfect

Back
Top Bottom