Ireland in Pre-Season

The English will NEVER be welcome in some areas of Dublin.
And the irish will never be welcome in many military families in the UK. Ireland and Britain joined together with no blood shed through acts of union. In ww2 they were happy for Europe to be speaking German. According to the irish immigration museum It was racist that Catholics had more children therefore had to split their parents estates between more children compared to the protestants so the farms got smaller. Sorry not buying the irish victimhood stories. Don't get me wrong I was looking forward to my trip last December but I am never going back.

This thread must be very upsetting to that writer who took the time to research this forum and concluded it’s a hive mind. So for his sake, would you kindly decide if you’re all bigots or not. Stick to a single narrative, please.

Can't believe a trip to Ireland has brought out the worst in some of our fans! Don't really do English bigots who are anti-Irish nor Irish bigots who are anti-English. Gobshites, the lot of them! Rather believe that the fans who travel will be great ambassadors for our club. When I've worn my Oxford shirt in Ireland, it's always been warmly welcomed. Many remember that it was Oxford who got Jack Charlton off to a great start in international management with Aldridge, Houghton and Langan in his side. Don't recall the visit to Austria bringing out any Nazi sympathisers!

Anyone been to Galway? I'm heading there first for a few days before returning to Dublin.

And the irish will never be welcome in many military families in the UK. Ireland and Britain joined together with no blood shed through acts of union. In ww2 they were happy for Europe to be speaking German. According to the irish immigration museum It was racist that Catholics had more children therefore had to split their parents estates between more children compared to the protestants so the farms got smaller. Sorry not buying the irish victimhood stories. Don't get me wrong I was looking forward to my trip last December but I am never going back.

Some 5,000 Irish volunteers were killed during the Second World War and many thousands more wounded. Compared with the 35,000 Irish who perished in the First World War this was a low number of casualties but for a small country it constituted a substantial sacrifice and a significant contribution to the Allied cause.

In addition, Wing Commander Brendan Finucane, DSO, DFC & Two Bars (16 October 1920 – 15 July 1942), known as Paddy Finucane amongst his colleagues, was a Second World War Royal Air Force (RAF) fighter pilot and flying ace (Volunteer)—defined as an aviator credited with five or more enemy aircraft destroyed in aerial combat, and is also noted for being the youngest person ever given command of a fighter wing in the history of aerial combat.

Finucane was credited with 28 aerial victories, five probably destroyed, six shared destroyed, one shared probable victory, and eight damaged. Included in his total were 23 Messerschmitt Bf 109s, four Focke-Wulf Fw 190s and one Messerschmitt Bf 110.. Official records differ over the exact total. After the war, two of Finucane's victories that were credited as probables had, in fact, been destroyed, but were not officially included. His total victory count could be as high as 32.

NOW lets discuss Bloody Sunday – sometimes called the Bogside Massacre[1] – was an incident on 30 January 1972 in the Bogside area of Derry, Northern Ireland, when British soldiers shot 28 unarmed BRITISH civilians during a peaceful protest march against internment. Fourteen people died: thirteen were killed outright, while the death of another man four months later was attributed to his injuries. Many of the victims were shot while FLEEING from the soldiers and some were shot while trying to help the wounded. Other protesters were injured by rubber bullets or batons, and two were run down by army vehicles. The soldiers involved were members of the 1st Battalion, Parachute Regiment, also known as "1 Para".

Can we get this thread back on course please.Otherwise it will be stopped.

Well said, enough of fuds copy and pasting bits of history that suits their warped views..

Let's keep this football or trip related!!!

Back
Top Bottom