Ipswich fan here

So, let's get this right @Sarge , there's every likelihood of you turning up at the wrong gig and not counting your pay correctly afterwards?
I may have a few bookings for you! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I usually manage to arrive at the required destination , and always triplecheck my £ is what it should be ;)

Watching that back , the marking was so bad but what attacking line we had.
And that is that question my favourite game ever at the Manor... The London Road was rocking ..

The Everton game for me when we won 1-0 when Les Phillips scored which was vital to us staying up in the 1st season in the top flight. The atmosphere was electric coupled with being under the lights. I just got goosebumps watching this again:

Last edited:
there was one time (late 80s/ early 90s) last game of the season at the Manor, Ipswich had been promoted (maybe as champions?) and were there (in the Cuckoo lane end in numbers. Final whistle went, stewards and TVP ( not sure if memory working 100% as I vaguely recall dog handlers & also a couple of the TVP mounted division- though it mayve been another end of season game at the Manor ?) endeavored to ensure NO Oxford supporters went on the pitch after the match ended (as was 'tradition' after the last game of the season back then), wheras at the Cuckoo lane end, hordes of (unchallenged) carrot crunching tractor boys were 'allowed' to celebrate their teams promotion on our pitch ! :(:(:(
Yes l do recall , a few in the far left of LR not being to happy about that. And l recall saying excuse me do you mind not going on our pitch it is not the done thing...
But let’s be fair to was not like the case of another said game.

Watching that back , the marking was so bad but what attacking line we had.
And that is with out question my favourite game ever at the Manor... The London Road was rocking ..

When Slatters goal went in I swear that’s the loudest noise I ever heard at the manor
It’s as if the stadium creaked

Not sure about "peace" can remember the divided end at Portman Road and the hail of various items between the two........ probably `86, lost 2-3 IIRC.

Was that the midweek milk cup game? when before the game kicked of they were throwing small cartons of milk into the crowd as a marketing ploy only for these said cartons of milk then being used as projectiles at each other

Was that the midweek milk cup game? when before the game kicked of they were throwing small cartons of milk into the crowd as a marketing ploy only for these said cartons of milk then being used as projectiles at each other

According to Rage the Milk Cup game was 20th November `84 (Tuesday) and the 2-3 League game was 26th April `86. I recall both as being "lively".

Then you realise they were not far shy of 40 years ago...................................... :eek: :eek:

According to Rage the Milk Cup game was 20th November `84 (Tuesday) and the 2-3 League game was 26th April `86. I recall both as being "lively".

Then you realise they were not far shy of 40 years ago...................................... :eek: :eek:

Boy we are just a bunch of old codgers lol. It was deffo the cup game I remember.

Boy we are just a bunch of old codgers lol. It was deffo the cup game I remember.
I don't recall the cup game at all, was that the round after we beat Arsenal?

I can, however, remember the 2-3 league game quite vividly. Dodgy late free-kick winning it for them, then the deluge of objects being thrown.

Yes l do recall such a event , and you could not make that up , could you .... such was the 70 - 80 s times...

Back
Top Bottom