Ipswich fan here

Gorrin any good? We were linked with him I think.
You deserve a serious answer: he's been a very good signing...plays in front of the back line and can both break up play and distribute pretty well. He's mobile and seems to have a decent footballing brain, apart from the fact that he gets a lot of bookings and warnings, often early on in a game, which obviously puts a bit of a brake on him.

Sandy Lane West. 15 minute walk. No traffic.

Not sure about "peace" can remember the divided end at Portman Road and the hail of various items between the two........ probably `86, lost 2-3 IIRC.

Not sure about "peace" can remember the divided end at Portman Road and the hail of various items between the two........ probably `86, lost 2-3 IIRC.
vaguely remember that one... and a night cup game in the 80s there, that was a bit of a protective headgear needed 'experience' too

Yep that was the 3-2 last minute deflected free-kick goal that had them dancing on the pitch, I really thought we were down then, of course we had the last laugh beating Arsenal 3-0 in the last game to send them down.

Not being an 'old timer' ? I was there for that, Ipswich fans on the pitch celebrating "staying up", and coined the away fans, never seen so much coinage in the air as there was that day. Made it much more soe ial when we relegated them a couple of weeks later.

Not being an 'old timer' ? I was there for that, Ipswich fans on the pitch celebrating "staying up", and coined the away fans, never seen so much coinage in the air as there was that day. Made it much more soe ial when we relegated them a couple of weeks later.
there was one time (late 80s/ early 90s) last game of the season at the Manor, Ipswich had been promoted (maybe as champions?) and were there (in the Cuckoo lane end in numbers. Final whistle went, stewards and TVP ( not sure if memory working 100% as I vaguely recall dog handlers & also a couple of the TVP mounted division- though it mayve been another end of season game at the Manor ?) endeavored to ensure NO Oxford supporters went on the pitch after the match ended (as was 'tradition' after the last game of the season back then), wheras at the Cuckoo lane end, hordes of (unchallenged) carrot crunching tractor boys were 'allowed' to celebrate their teams promotion on our pitch ! :(:(:(

there was one time (late 80s/ early 90s) last game of the season at the Manor, Ipswich had been promoted (maybe as champions?) and were there (in the Cuckoo lane end in numbers. Final whistle went, stewards and TVP ( not sure if memory working 100% as I vaguely recall dog handlers & also a couple of the TVP mounted division- though it mayve been another end of season game at the Manor ?) endeavored to ensure NO Oxford supporters went on the pitch after the match ended (as was 'tradition' after the last game of the season back then), wheras at the Cuckoo lane end, hordes of (unchallenged) carrot crunching tractor boys were 'allowed' to celebrate their teams promotion on our pitch ! :(:(:(
Yeah I remember that, would have been in the mid to late 90s.

I thought that was a tradition, away fans celebrating promotion on our pitch last game of the season.

Back
Top Bottom