Ipswich fan here

SuffolkingBlue

Ipswich Town Fan
Hi ladies and gents - looking forward to my first visit to the ground on Tuesday (have fond memories of trips to the Manor Ground in the past).
Seems like you having a decent season from afar - we've been a bit of a mixed bag this season to be honest.
Quick question - I am driving to the ground and will be there about 19:00pm - any recommendations on the best place to park at that time?
Thanks in advance.

Avoiding all the Minchery Farm and tractor jokes, if I were you I would head for Knights Road and cruise until you find a spot and walk towards the light....

Loads of car parking space but you may up in the overflow car park which can take a while to get out but in no rush is probably the easiest option. Could try Sandford which is a bit of a walk but you'll make kick off in plenty of time.

Hi ladies and gents - looking forward to my first visit to the ground on Tuesday (have fond memories of trips to the Manor Ground in the past).
Seems like you having a decent season from afar - we've been a bit of a mixed bag this season to be honest.
Quick question - I am driving to the ground and will be there about 19:00pm - any recommendations on the best place to park at that time?
Thanks in advance.

There is a main car park behind the open end of the ground, with an overflow around the far right hand side of the bowl plex. Getting there at 7pm is touch and go for the main car park, but will be ok for the overflow. There is a smaller car park behind the goal the other end of the ground.
It can take a while to get out of the car parks, up to an hour. Leaving a few mins early sees you straight out.
Oh, and we have lots of fields opposite to park any tractors making the journey.

Don't be tempted to park on the grass verges on the roads leading to the stadium. You'll get a ticket.

Hi if I were you go straight to the car park opposite the bowlplex and cinema, ignore the muppet who will try to stop you, loads of cars will be going out from the cinema etc, never yet failed to park in there, on Saturday we parked and at least 8 spare spaces were vacant in the the first rows in the first entrance to the parking

Decent username. Do a google map search, there are places north-west of the ground in the estates. I wouldn't advise giving it large; and (just dawned) it might be better to use the other options already mentioned as Dibble will have his aluminium wall out and you'll have to walk round the stadium.

Plenty of roads in Littlemore you can park on (close to the ground). From there it’s a 5-10 minute walk through the back of the additional parking near the bingo & cinema.

Just park outside of the CPZ. There is a map of it on Google.

Cancel that...just seen you are arriving at 7pm.............. good luck.

We’ve had some good encounters over the years. Three of my friends from Chelmsford days recall Muhren and Thyssen. They had a great team back then apart from Tommy Cooper in goal

The away fans guide on the OUFC website states
"The Royal British Legion at Littlemore (Littlemore, Oxford, OX4 4LZ) is available for matchday parking"

There were plenty of Rotherham fans there on Saturday; about 10-15 mins walk to the ground

Back
Top Bottom