Matches Ipswich Away

Bodminyellow

Planning on going up for this. Haven’t been since we played them in the cup in the early eighties - think it might have been promotion to top flight season. Remember a lot going and a lively atmosphere.
Will stay Friday and Saturday night - what’s Ipswich like - any good pubs/restaurants anyone would recommend?
Also saw something on Facebook about possible postponement is this correct??

The game falls on an international break weekend. What an appalling affront they are.

Ipswich did play their game during the last one, but they do have the required number of internationals to put a serious black cloud over the chances of the game going ahead.

Planning on going up for this. Haven’t been since we played them in the cup in the early eighties - think it might have been promotion to top flight season. Remember a lot going and a lively atmosphere.
Will stay Friday and Saturday night - what’s Ipswich like - any good pubs/restaurants anyone would recommend?
Thinking of going too, and that was also the last time I went there. Have a vague recollection that we lost 1-0?

Also got hotel booked for the Saturday night, non-refundable as well! Just what we don't need, another postponement, still waiting for the Sunderland game to be rescheduled.

I see tickets are on sale - anyone know what’s the latest it date it can be cancelled ?

Stayed up the last time we played and we’re staying again. Really like Ipswich, plenty of bars and restaurants by the key side which is 10-15 minutes away from the ground.

Still faster than Jarman and McGuckin in their Oxford United career prime!
I know its Halloween weekend, but did you have to mention them? The terror of watching them "play" every week is something that I'm trying to forget...

I see tickets are on sale - anyone know what’s the latest it date it can be cancelled ?
all the international call ups (incl age group squads) are usually known at least a week before. The Sunderland game was called off on 1st Oct ahead of 9th Oct game.

E toPlanning on going up for this. Haven’t been since we played them in the cup in the early eighties - think it might have been promotion to top flight season. Remember a lot going and a lively atmosphere.stop at Chelmsfor
Will stay Friday and Saturday night - what’s Ipswich like - any good pubs/restaurants anyone would recommend?.
I’ve been a couple of times for this fixture
They lost 2-3 back in 1986
then I went for fixture a couple of years ago
Its a great ground with parking very close.
Its not a particularly nice place. I stayed at an Ipswich friends house and he took me in to town to a decent restaurant.
Very easy to get to. you could stop off at Chelmsford. Far more to see. Then drive down on the morning of the match. It’s a good rail trip from Chelmsford too

Ipswich haven't had a game called off this season for their own international call-ups.

September International Break: Wycombe v Ipswich off due to Wycombe call-ups
October International Break: Ipswich v Shrewsbury took place as normal

Spoke to an Ipswich fan in October about our game and he said the following

"We don’t really have many young players so no youth internationals which is what puts most over the line?

This time round -
Celina away with Kosovo
Morsy in provisional Egypt squad but not final cut.
Bonne not in Zimbabwe squad at all.
Dobra is away but not with us (out on loan)

A few away with U19s but not first teamers.

On that basis I'd assume our game in November will be fine unless you boys could have 3 callups? We don’t have anyone on cusp of it as most of squad are 26-29 and from major footballing nations".

Last edited:
I’ve been a couple of times for this fixture
They lost 2-3 back in 1986
then I went for fixture a couple of years ago
Its a great ground with parking very close.
Its not a particularly nice place. I stayed at an Ipswich friends house and he took me in to town to a decent restaurant.
Very easy to get to. you could stop off at Chelmsford. Far more to see. Then drive down on the morning of the match. It’s a good rail trip from Chelmsford too
Blimey it must be a dump if there's more to see in Chelmsford!

Ipswich haven't had a game called off this season for their own international call-ups.

"We don’t really have many young players so no youth internationals which is what puts most over the line?

This time round -
Celina away with Kosovo

On that basis I'd assume our game in November will be fine unless you boys could have 3 callups? We don’t have anyone on cusp of it as most of squad are 26-29 and from major footballing nations".
That's odd, last season their team was filled with young players - quite a change of approach.

This time round -
Celina away with Kosovo

Well it better be on coz now booked hotel, trains and tickets. Also managed to persuade the Mrs that Ipswich would be a fantastic place to visit for the weekend!!

Ipswich's Macualey Bonne surprisingly called up by Zimbabwe, he hadn't been included in a couple of previous squads.
Bersant Celina is likely to be in the Kosovo squad again, so it could all rest on whether Sam Morsy is called up by Egypt.

Edit - Ipswich local paper doesn't think Bonne will travel

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom