Match Buildup Ipswich Away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mellowyellow

Clearly a winnable game, backed by a bid following.
A starting point for motivation for KR should be their main board and the thread was Burton a blip.
They talk about us being slow at the back to this:
"They must have been in the top 6 for less than a week all season, they're solid midtable fodder."
Mid table fodder are we?
Well, come Saturday at 5pm, hopefully we've shown them where we've stuck this "mid table fodder."
COYY!

I fancy we'll get a decent away 3pts at Ipswich , as the mighty U's, after tues eve, appear to have rediscovered that killer form from before the start of 2020

I will be there but I’m certain we can expect a far sterner test than we did on Tuesday.
I would settle for a close 1-0 win. Dickie must be due a goal, maybe a late header from a superb cross.
We have just gone through a difficult spell and three points on Saturday would certainly help our play off aims.
The top two places I believe are a step too far with so few games remaining. A big win on Saturday may make me believe otherwise

Last edited:
I will be there but I’m certain we can expect a far sterner test than we did on Tuesday.
I would settle for a close 1-0 win. Dickie must be due a goal, maybe a late header from a superb cross.
We have just gone through a difficult spell and three points tomorrow would certainly help our play off aims.
The top two places I believe are a step too far with so few games remaining. A big win on Saturday may make me believe otherwise

Blimey! I know Feb has a lot of matches for the U's, but I must've missed that particular fixture being announced/ rearranged? ;)

Yeh...slip of the pen. I’m off tomorrow so probably thought it was Saturday.
You’re right the games are coming in thick and fast

I’d play:

Eastwood
Long Dickie Moore Ruffels
Gorrin
Brannigan ???
??? Taylor Browne​

Probably Henry and Sykes (if fit) in the question marks but I’m not sure which way around...

R
Clearly a winnable game, backed by a bid following.
A starting point for motivation for KR should be their main board and the thread was Burton a blip.
They talk about us being slow at the back to this:
"They must have been in the top 6 for less than a week all season, they're solid midtable fodder."
Mid table fodder are we?
Well, come Saturday at 5pm, hopefully we've shown them where we've stuck this "mid table fodder."
COYY!
Read it again. They are referring to Burton, not us.

I really like Browne through the middle. I think with a bit more practice he could be a huge asset at CM. He's got the physicality for it on both sides of the ball, and his ability to break with the ball at feet is really dangerous. I'd start him alongside CB in CM, ahead of Gorrin, on Saturday and start Holland left and Henry right. Harsh on Sykes but he's a great option to have off the bench, as is Agyei.

They are as inconsistent as we have been, but think Saturday could be their AFC Wimbledon, a turning point.
Would a point be a good result? With the home games coming up who has.
Exciting times could be back on track. ??

I really like Browne through the middle. I think with a bit more practice he could be a huge asset at CM. He's got the physicality for it on both sides of the ball, and his ability to break with the ball at feet is really dangerous. I'd start him alongside CB in CM, ahead of Gorrin, on Saturday and start Holland left and Henry right. Harsh on Sykes but he's a great option to have off the bench, as is Agyei.

Holland has the pace, as he has shown in recent games, mixed in with CB and Henry back to their best, the midfield can build up to be our powerhouse again.

Probably Henry and Sykes (if fit) in the question marks but I’m not sure which way around...

One of the joys of our current squad is that you don't necessarily have to decide - as they did on Tuesday night, Henry & Sykes can swap in and out of the midfield role, and the right side of the front three, over the course of the 90 minutes.

I only hope and pray that, if we do concede a goal on Saturday, Ipswich have stopped playing that ****ing 'Singing the Blues' song after every goal (living 4000 miles away, I won't be there - but I imagine it would still be able to wind me up via iFollow). I remember going to Portman Road several times in the late nineties (I believe we haven't been since?) and hearing it many, many times (much of it Kieron Dyer's fault). Goal music is tinpot at the best of times, but especially when it's such a rubbish song.

Ipswich ticket available, Adult, away side seating. Can’t make it thus reduced to £20 - bargain to see an easy 3 points ? buyer collects near Abingdon. PM me if interested.

Sad not to be going to this one as I haven’t been to Portman road before.
Sadly I chose Peterborough away over this one and that broke both wallet and heart.
Despite the swimming gala of the home game against them, they showed that they were half decent - it’s going to be a tough ask to win there. A draw would be respectable, but I have a sneaky feeling that we might just grab a winner. 1-0

Tough choice for Karl I would put Gorrin on the bench and leave the team as it is ,who deserves to be dropped?

Looking forward to this one, that win on Tuesday and a glance at our fixtures has left me feeling overly positive again. Hope he doesn't try accommodate Gorrin, pressure is on them take the game to them and let the home fans nerves settle in. 2-1 OX Henry & Taylor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom