Matches Ipswich Attendance

Colin B

Chief Dot Counter
Well chaps, I go away and seems like the place falls apart! I'm still away for Tuesday's game, so no repeat of Saturday's poor performance please.

On to the attendance. Saturday ended up roughly where I thought it would for home sales (maybe 100 or so less) but Rotherham's following was very odd. They had sold well over 800 in advance, but ended up with only about 40 walk ups on the day, so ended up a bit below my estimate.

Sales for Tuesday are currently about 250 less than same stage for the Rotherham game, so not bad at all. We did have good sales for Rotherham on Friday and moderate walk ups on Saturday, and I'd expect the same sort of levels tomorrow and Tuesday (although possibly less tomorrow and more Tuesday). What that means is a likely home attendance of 7,000 with Ipswich already selling out their 1,800, so 8,800 in total.

Now don't f*****g lose again!!!

Do Ipswich fans know they can just rock up on the night and buy tickets for the home end?. That's fine if they do , it will boost the attendance - hope they behave.

Do Ipswich fans know they can just rock up on the night and buy tickets for the home end?. That's fine if they do , it will boost the attendance - hope they behave.
Probably not but they do now .

Apparently we have been given extra tickets and can pay on the day in the away end

Worth noting that Thames Valley`s finest will probably deploy the mobile wall for the game.
So, if you park in Blackbird Leys and cross the brook (easiest route to the away end) you will then have to walk all the way around the ground to avoid said wall.
Think of something you normally see in Northern Ireland in marching season or at G20 summit meetings...... "Welcome to Oxford" (stock picture...shouldn`t be armed police but you never know! ) ? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Wall.JPG

Yeah, and if, before the game you walk from the Leys to get to the away end directly (by following the line of the burn rather than going all round the stadium) past our fans queuing for the North Stand, a collection of slack-jawed jobsworths will almost certainly eye you nervously then refuse to open the gate and will make you walk past our fans queuing for the North Stand, East Stand, South Stand, Ticket Office, South Stand again, burger van by the West Stand (unfinished) and across the coned land where the oompah-loompahs roam in the traffic-flow lorry to the entrance to the Away Supporters end.

They will tell you this is for your own good and safety; I have my doubts.

Worth noting that Thames Valley`s finest will probably deploy the mobile wall for the game.
So, if you park in Blackbird Leys and cross the brook (easiest route to the away end) you will then have to walk all the way around the ground to avoid said wall.
Think of something you normally see in Northern Ireland in marching season or at G20 summit meetings...... "Welcome to Oxford" (stock picture...shouldn`t be armed police but you never know! ) ? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
View attachment 2740
The one at the ground is nothing to do with TVP.

Yeah, and if, before the game you walk from the Leys to get to the away end directly (by following the line of the burn rather than going all round the stadium) past our fans queuing for the North Stand, a collection of slack-jawed jobsworths will almost certainly eye you nervously then refuse to open the gate and will make you walk past our fans queuing for the North Stand, East Stand, South Stand, Ticket Office, South Stand again, burger van by the West Stand (unfinished) and across the coned land where the oompah-loompahs roam in the traffic-flow lorry to the entrance to the Away Supporters end.

Eloquently put sir! ?
Is the "coned land" where the conan practiced?
Its all "elf & safety"..............

Just over 7,000 home sales as of about 30 minutes ago, in fact exactly 11 less than my last count before the Rotherham game.

JS Stand sales and SSU are above Saturday's and the SSL is lower. NS is slightly up, apart from the family section, which is about 200 down. I gather the weather is awful in Oxford, so I wouldn't expect many walk ups. I thought Ipswich had sold their allocation of 1,825, but it appears it was the initial 1,500 they had sold and they have had to take the other 325 off of online sale as it was too late to post them out, so not sure how many they have actually sold. They can pay on the day, so I'll modify my original forecast and go with a total attendance of 8,700.

Its not too busy in the bird....if thats any indication? 8.2 -8.5k id reckon?

Despite the Loungers not being able to attend, very pleased to say that our seats will be occupied!

Despite the Loungers not being able to attend, very pleased to say that our seats will be occupied!

Very good of you to offer them back to the club to resell. If only all fans had the club’s interests at heart.

They're making sure you do your 10,000 steps for the day.

Back
Top Bottom