Interim update

We’ve learnt nothing new! Not sure if we actually need a trust now or whether a supporter representation on the board would be suffice?

Regarding the comment about renegotiating a new licence at the Kassam being the simpliest, and that the two parties were close to an agreement, are you able to divulge why an agreement couldn’t have been met? e.g. what the stumbling block(s) were?

Also, you say that the club’s initial position was to renegotiate a new licence at the Kassam, so can I ask was this prior to Tiger and Niall being treated poorly by Kassam etc during their recent trip to Monaco? And are they still continuing with this option or is it a matter of just pursuing the other 5 sites now?

Regarding the arbitration, it was Darryl I believe on behalf of the club that initiated this issue, so are we to presume that Tiger etc still take this same position/belief and continue with the case? ps I think it’s poor that Niall said that the hoped to conclude by Christmas, but still couldn’t guarantee this e.g. still no timeframe!

I’m also disappointed the amount of times Niall says he’ll need to check and come back to us, but NEVER does e.g. ticking box exercise to keep us quiet, but no substance.

We were not at any of the meetings regarding these discussions and the contents of them are confidential. Tiger was open about his desire to get a deal done before the meetings and seemed confident of the progress being made but as we all know the situation has changed since then. It's important to point out once again that the meeting was confidential and neither side has discussed finer details of it with us and if they had we would respect that confidentiality. What we can say is we have heard nothing reported back of 'poor treatment' in Monaco or any falling out from that meeting.

Last edited:
We’ve learnt nothing new! Not sure if we actually need a trust now or whether a supporter representation on the board would be suffice?

Regarding the comment about renegotiating a new licence at the Kassam being the simpliest, and that the two parties were close to an agreement, are you able to divulge why an agreement couldn’t have been met? e.g. what the stumbling block(s) were?

Also, you say that the club’s initial position was to renegotiate a new licence at the Kassam, so can I ask was this prior to Tiger and Niall being treated poorly by Kassam etc during their recent trip to Monaco? And are they still continuing with this option or is it a matter of just pursuing the other 5 sites now?

Regarding the arbitration, it was Darryl I believe on behalf of the club that initiated this issue, so are we to presume that Tiger etc still take this same position/belief and continue with the case? ps I think it’s poor that Niall said that the hoped to conclude by Christmas, but still couldn’t guarantee this e.g. still no timeframe!

I’m also disappointed the amount of times Niall says he’ll need to check and come back to us, but NEVER does e.g. ticking box exercise to keep us quiet, but no substance.
OUFC M.D. is an Olympic gold medal contender, if there were to be a catagory at evading, avoiding & disregarding most things(Oufc) that hes asked about. It certainly appears that way &I'm 'speaking ' from first hand experience:cautious:

Good update. For some it's not enough, but it never would be regardless.

I joined Oxvox and paid my membership at the weekend but don’t appear to have received an email?

I joined Oxvox and paid my membership at the weekend but don’t appear to have received an email?

Yep, I’ve had the same experience. Have an email from PayPal confirming payment but nothing from OxVox itself.

Sorry about that, I'll look into it now yellowbow and get back to you. Would you mind PM'ing me your name so we can chase it up?

Yep, I’ve had the same experience. Have an email from PayPal confirming payment but nothing from OxVox itself.

Same thing MJB, and anyone else who hasn't received it yet I will pass on the information and get back to you as soon as I know.

Sorry about that, I'll look into it now yellowbow and get back to you. Would you mind PM'ing me your name so we can chase it up?
My fault Paul - I should’ve checked my spam folder first! Many thanks

Is Niall controlling the arbitration timetable? If he isn't, it is perfectly reasonable to assume he won't know considering the other party involved.

What else were you expecting from the update?

They weren't going to give anything away infornation wise on matters like the potential new stadium sites and nor should they due to the sensitive nature of the info.

Nothing has really changed in the last 12 months. Taking away Pep's initial run of results, we have been pretty rubbish on the pitch, recruited pretty badly and playing in a crappy stadium that we don't own and don't like. Probably the only difference is now we have people who are publicly saying this - and for some reason this upsets us more than when they said nothing!

I haven't read the full thread yet, but this made me laugh. I think the fact that we've had yet another owner publicly admit that they underestimated the complexity stadium issue is a worthy reason to be pissed off. Especially when they had about 9 months to carry out some sort of due diligence while they attempted to scramble the funds together. Call me negative, but I had to put my head into my hands when Tiger came out with that at the last fans' forum. It's shockingly bad business.

Asking the right questions but not obtaining the answers. Was NMcW sent the questions beforehand?

I hope we’ll see full responses to the TBC questions soon.

A very good update, I can’t see how anybody can complain at the efforts being made by Oxvox. I have to say though, I’ll be very disappointed with the Oxford Utd owner(s) if they very shortly make murmurings about renewing the lease still being an option. Not because I think it’s a daft idea in general but because of all the sabre rattling at the last fans forum and the issuing of statements regarding pushing ahead with plans of moving. It’s not really fair on the fan base to hint at the possibilities of an exciting new dawn if they’re not deadly serious about it. If they’re trying to play games with Kassam they’re on very thin ice I’d say..

Also, you say that the club’s initial position was to renegotiate a new licence at the Kassam, so can I ask was this prior to Tiger and Niall being treated poorly by Kassam etc during their recent trip to Monaco?

Get you, Mr. ITK!

Asking the right questions but not obtaining the answers. Was NMcW sent the questions beforehand?

I hope we’ll see full responses to the TBC questions soon.

In most cases yes, we make a point of sending the questions in advance but in fairness to all concerned there have been occasions where we have not, usually when an issue has come up just before a planned meeting.

We do follow up all questions we feel have gone unanswered but when it's on the grounds of confidentiality (which it often is) then it can take a lot longer to be able to report back, if at all. We will of course keep trying.

I would be interested to know what the view of Niall McWilliams is. It sounds as if the club are far less forthcoming and prepared than they used to be under DE.

The £1m cost of playing in the stadium is clearly rubbish. You can't possibly include VAT in this. How can the Directors attending the meeting not have the details to hand?

With regard to the debt, how much is the current debt? Is it increasing (presumably it is) and what is the plan going forwards?

I am sure that we all look forward to hearing more about the Stadium. Would Oxvox be able to say what the mood music was like? So is there still a possibility of coming to an agreement with Kassam and stay put/ develop the Ground, or have the club given up on Mr K? I am assuming that the plan is to get any new ground developed before the licence at the Kassam expires. Was the size of the Stadium mentioned at all?

No criticism of Oxvox at all, but the answers from the club seem at times to be less than full or is it just me thinking this?

Back
Top Bottom