Interim update

OxVox

Evening all

Following a series of recent meetings and discussions, which will be finalised this weekend, we will be issuing a statement updating supporters of our findings and position after the weekend.

This will go out as a members email and also be posted on our website. We very much hope we will be doing so after a victory against Plymouth Argyle on Saturday.

Thanks for your patience

COYY

Evening all

Following a series of recent meetings and discussions, which will be finalised this weekend, we will be issuing a statement updating supporters of our findings and position after the weekend.

This will go out as a members email and also be posted on our website. We very much hope we will be doing so after a victory against Plymouth Argyle on Saturday.

Thanks for your patience

COYY
cheers for the heads up :)

I am sure that I am not alone in really looking forward to what is going on and hopefully getting some clarification of Oxvox's view on things

Will the members have to be balloted before any major decisions are announced?
IE; Oxvox backing Mcwilliams attempts to move the club away from the stadium, ( they would have to know the 5 sites though)
Will be interesting to see what all the secrecy was about.

Will the members have to be balloted before any major decisions are announced?
IE; Oxvox backing Mcwilliams attempts to move the club away from the stadium, ( they would have to know the 5 sites though)
Will be interesting to see what all the secrecy was about.

I don't feel as though there is any secrecy (deliberately hiding information) rather it is just allowing the process to be completed in due course.

As mentioned previously, you don't just declare an interest in a site one day and move the builders in the next. There are many hurdles to overcome first, and some of these are best down away from public and media glare. Equally if we are looking at bringing additional investors into the club, it is perhaps right that we wait for this to be agreed before commenting (especially as there was criticism of Tiger mentioning the Inter Milan guy).

Patience is not something many of us have, but waiting for the right information is far better than rushing in for gossip and hearsay.

Last edited:
I don't feel as though there is any secrecy (deliberately hiding information) rather it is just allowing the process to be completed in due course.

As mentioned previously, you don't just declare an interest in a site one day and move the builders in the next. There are many hurdles to overcome first, and some of these are best down away from public and media glare. Equally if we are looking at bringing additional investors into the club, it is perhaps right that we wait for this to be agreed before commenting (especially as there was criticism of Tiger mentioning the Inter Milan guy).

Patience is not something many of us have, but waiting for the right information is far better than rushing in for gossip and heresay.
I quite agree. But all the fun of the forum is built around misconstruing gossip and hearsay. We would be lost without it.

They will also have to explain what has changed so fundamentally over the past two years to move away from the KasStad being the only option.

I can't help but think that a better start to the season, and some of the issues of the ground etc would be seen in a less fevered state. Until the new investor arrives, are we wasting energy on ifs, buts and maybes?

Nothing has really changed in the last 12 months. Taking away Pep's initial run of results, we have been pretty rubbish on the pitch, recruited pretty badly and playing in a crappy stadium that we don't own and don't like. Probably the only difference is now we have people who are publicly saying this - and for some reason this upsets us more than when they said nothing!

They will also have to explain what has changed so fundamentally over the past two years to move away from the KasStad being the only option.
Maybe the Kassam factor is really being accepted? So however many owners try and deal with Kassam he simply has no interest at all in being reasonable to the club (despite his comments on being a guardian of the club and leaving a legacy) and for the club to move forward they have to move?
I was a little sceptical that Oxvox could move things forward at the Kassam with him involved and I am not entirely surprised that it hasn't worked out.
I know that some think that you are 'nice' to Kassam and he will be reasonable back. I have seen no evidence of this in what 18 years?

I can't help but think that a better start to the season, and some of the issues of the ground etc would be seen in a less fevered state. Until the new investor arrives, are we wasting energy on ifs, buts and maybes?

I couldn't agree much more with this, but I wouldn't get your hopes up. If the Third Man (Thohir) arrives on the board and if he invests (and if the other 1 (the German) does) Tiger (I almost said 'we', I must lose that habit) will have 2 investors who have made money from land and property development in 3rd world countries (on a level with the UK) and the grandson of the keeper of the key to the holy sepulchre whose purpose is unclear to me, perhaps he's the link with the good burghers of our university and our rulers.

Wash out of your minds any idea of investment in the football club except as a beard behind which to get some real-estate development pushed through.

Try to dismiss the idea that this is our club from your heads.

The best you can hope for is that the club is tolerated as one tenant among many in a purpose-build mall and sports entertainment complex with TGI Fridays and Nandos franchises and a Boden outlet so our new breed of supporters can get their red trousers conveniently.

The worst? That it all falls through and the club gradually dwindles down the shitter that is the Kassam until the license ends and the clouds draw a veil over the death of football as a supporters' sport.

Last edited:
Maybe the Kassam factor is really being accepted? So however many owners try and deal with Kassam he simply has no interest at all in being reasonable to the club (despite his comments on being a guardian of the club and leaving a legacy) and for the club to move forward they have to move?
I was a little sceptical that Oxvox could move things forward at the Kassam with him involved and I am not entirely surprised that it hasn't worked out.
I know that some think that you are 'nice' to Kassam and he will be reasonable back. I have seen no evidence of this in what 18 years?
You can only move things forward by dialogue.

I couldn't agree much more with this, but I wouldn't get your hopes up. If the Third Man (Thohir) arrives on the board and if he invests (and if the other 1 (the German) does) Tiger (I almost said 'we', I must lose that habit) will have 2 investors who have made money from land and property development in 3rd world countries (on a level with the UK) and the grandson of the keeper of the key to the holy sepulchre whose purpose is unclear to me, perhaps he's the link with the good burghers of our university and our rulers.

Wash out of your minds any idea of investment in the football club except as a beard behind which to get some real-estate development pushed through.

Try to dismiss the idea that this is our club from your heads.

The best you can hope for is that the club is tolerated as one tenant among many in a purpose-build mall and sports entertainment complex with TGI Fridays and Nandos franchises and a Boden outlet so our new breed of supporters can get their red trousers conveniently.

The worst? That it all falls through and the club gradually dwindles down the shitter that is the Kassam until the license ends and the clouds draw a veil over the death of football as a supporters' sport.
I’m not sure renewing the lease when the current lease runs does run down, is going to be the worse situation we could end up in.

Patience is not something many of us have, but waiting for the right information is far better than rushing in for gossip and hearsay.
So you are confirming that the Oxvox announcement is going to be about the 5 land sites?
As I said shouldn’t this type of announcement be after a ballot of the members, is that how these these work on such a big proposal?
I think there has been an element of secrecy, hopefully if things become transparent people can make their own mind up..

Reading recent threads I'm pleased to see that more and more posters are seeing things in this way. I shudder when I read the occasional 'just trust in the Chairman' witterings. We, the fans, are effectively powerless while these property plays continue behind the scenes. I'd welcome a counter view based on something more than hope and our old favourite, 'positive thinking.'

I agree with most of what you say, but I do believe fans do have some power and that is withdrawing their support of the club until things are explained fully. I don’t believe this would happen, but the power of the £ can be quite a force if used in the correct way. Booing the players is counter productive, making our thoughts known vocally to the “directors” does have an impact though.

So you are confirming that the Oxvox announcement is going to be about the 5 land sites?
As I said shouldn’t this type of announcement be after a ballot of the members, is that how these these work on such a big proposal?
I think there has been an element of secrecy, hopefully if things become transparent people can make their own mind up..

I don't speak for OxVox so I've no idea what their announcement will cover, but with the recent release about the 5 sites I guess there will reference to it. As for a ballot, I can't recall one happening before and not sure it would make much difference either way. Maybe it is something you can put directly to OxVox once we know what is happening?

I don't speak for OxVox so I've no idea what their announcement will cover, but with the recent release about the 5 sites I guess there will reference to it. As for a ballot, I can't recall one happening before and not sure it would make much difference either way. Maybe it is something you can put directly to OxVox once we know what is happening?
Maybe they should of had the Oxvox members meeting to discuss these things, I do understand they are engrossed in their current project, so we might get a meeting date coming up very soon.

Back
Top Bottom