Interim update

My take on this is that OxVox can't be blamed or held responsible for obfuscation on the part of management, or the need for confidentiality during the stadium-seeking process.

The five potential stadium sites can't be named to prevent jeopardising the project. Clearly that won't go down well with many supporters, but what more could OxVox report? If they broke the confidentiality involved, that would be it. Complete break down of relations between management and OxVox. Surely it's better to keep talking, even if management are giving little away at present?

Disappointing that it's confirmed negotiations with Kassam are difficult, but no surprise there, just a statement off fact.

On arbitration, McWilliams is unable to provide substantive comment on progress. Very disappointing and no doubt OxVox will continue to press.

New board members / investors will take shares in a new body, not OUFC, so no debt will be attached to the club by any investment transactions. This is clearly good news. Nuseibah insists this will not be a money-making exercise. I remain extremely sceptical about this. I understand money won't be made from the pure football side of things, but it's all about development land.

Tiger is continuing to support Robinson. We'd guessed that. At least we can now perhaps avoid a dozen more threads / polls about sacking the manager.

We would all like more detail, but if it's not forthcoming from management I fail to see how OxVox could push further. I'm sure that between us we could come up with 100 reasonable questions we'd like answered, but these can't be obtained by force. To me, that doesn't make OxVox ineffective or pointless.

It's certainly frustrating, but let's apportion blame for that where it's deserved.
I think 1 of the problems of social media these days is everybody wants to know what is going on and for several reasons it’s simply not possible. If the club told oxvox the potential sights for a new stadium and they passed it on it would lead to a communications breakdown with the club but also give 5 sets of nimby’s more time to mobilise their protests so much as we want to know we all have to remain patient as you say.

We were not at any of the meetings regarding these discussions and the contents of them are confidential. Tiger was open about his desire to get a deal done before the meetings and seemed confident of the progress being made but as we all know the situation has changed since then. It's important to point out once again that the meeting was confidential and neither side has discussed finer details of it with us and if they had we would respect that confidentiality. What we can say is we have heard nothing reported back of 'poor treatment' in Monaco or any falling out from that meeting.
Agree that Sarge - if my MD knew as little as he does about our business we would be bust!

Same thing MJB, and anyone else who hasn't received it yet I will pass on the information and get back to you as soon as I know.

All sorted now - many thanks!

I
I think 1 of the problems of social media these days is everybody wants to know what is going on and for several reasons it’s simply not possible. If the club told oxvox the potential sights for a new stadium and they passed it on it would lead to a communications breakdown with the club but also give 5 sets of nimby’s more time to mobilise their protests so much as we want to know we all have to remain patient as you say.
i have absolutely no problems with the potential sites being kept under wraps at these early and sensitive stages of proceedings. On this occasion the club can’t win, when they name potential transfer targets early and they don’t come off they get slaughtered for it so I don’t think people can complain about cloak and dagger tactics over this.

I do have a (possibly dumb) question though: What exactly is the definition of ‘within the city’?

Is Niall controlling the arbitration timetable? If he isn't, it is perfectly reasonable to assume he won't know considering the other party involved.

What else were you expecting from the update?

They weren't going to give anything away infornation wise on matters like the potential new stadium sites and nor should they due to the sensitive nature of the info.

So nothing new.

Could have said why the parties didn’t agree on Kassam.

Could have said what the actual arbitration issue is and whether the club itself is behind something that Darryl initially raised, especially as we know Kassam wouldn’t sell the stadium to the club whilst Darryl was in charge!

Are we still pursuing the purchase of the Kassam or is that now off the table and only the 5 other sites are our focus?

What are Tiger’s et al motive, as I know it’s not love.

Who will own the new stadium if we move elsewhere or will have jumped out of the frying pan into the fire?

What happened to the WOW signings?

How are they going to address the current squad options in January?

Have we paid Darryl off completely?

Just a few answers to these I guess, but to come out and say they’re going to make an interim statement insinuating we’d get more news/details regarding the situation rather than history was disappointing.

We were not at any of the meetings regarding these discussions and the contents of them are confidential. Tiger was open about his desire to get a deal done before the meetings and seemed confident of the progress being made but as we all know the situation has changed since then. It's important to point out once again that the meeting was confidential and neither side has discussed finer details of it with us and if they had we would respect that confidentiality. What we can say is we have heard nothing reported back of 'poor treatment' in Monaco or any falling out from that meeting.

They (Tiger & Niall) said at the fans forum that they were treated poorly in Monaco.

I

i have absolutely no problems with the potential sites being kept under wraps at these early and sensitive stages of proceedings. On this occasion the club can’t win, when they name potential transfer targets early and they don’t come off they get slaughtered for it so I don’t think people can complain about cloak and dagger tactics over this.

I do have a (possibly dumb) question though: What exactly is the definition of ‘within the city’?
I also wonder regarding the last sentence. Living in Banbury I would like something near Water Eaton and find it hard to believe there are 5 sites within the city big enough.

My take on this is that OxVox can't be blamed or held responsible for obfuscation on the part of management, or the need for confidentiality during the stadium-seeking process.

The five potential stadium sites can't be named to prevent jeopardising the project. Clearly that won't go down well with many supporters, but what more could OxVox report? If they broke the confidentiality involved, that would be it. Complete break down of relations between management and OxVox. Surely it's better to keep talking, even if management are giving little away at present?

Disappointing that it's confirmed negotiations with Kassam are difficult, but no surprise there, just a statement off fact.

On arbitration, McWilliams is unable to provide substantive comment on progress. Very disappointing and no doubt OxVox will continue to press.

New board members / investors will take shares in a new body, not OUFC, so no debt will be attached to the club by any investment transactions. This is clearly good news. Nuseibah insists this will not be a money-making exercise. I remain extremely sceptical about this. I understand money won't be made from the pure football side of things, but it's all about development land.

Tiger is continuing to support Robinson. We'd guessed that. At least we can now perhaps avoid a dozen more threads / polls about sacking the manager.

We would all like more detail, but if it's not forthcoming from management I fail to see how OxVox could push further. I'm sure that between us we could come up with 100 reasonable questions we'd like answered, but these can't be obtained by force. To me, that doesn't make OxVox ineffective or pointless.

It's certainly frustrating, but let's apportion blame for that where it's deserved.

Where’s the blame? Just said there’s nothing new in there, but appreciate OxVox's effects.

I think the comments at the fans forum were referring to how they perceived they are being treated day to day at the stadium.

They were not poorly treated in Monaco.

Cheers Jem, but they said they were treated poorly when they went to Monaco e.g. left hanging around etc.

So nothing new.

Could have said what the actual arbitration issue is and whether the club itself is behind something that Darryl initially raised, especially as we know Kassam wouldn’t sell the stadium to the club whilst Darryl was in charge!

Are we still pursuing the purchase of the Kassam or is that now off the table and only the 5 other sites are our focus?

Who will own the new stadium if we move elsewhere or will have jumped out of the frying pan into the fire?

Just a few answers to these I guess, but to come out and say they’re going to make an interim statement insinuating we’d get more news/details regarding the situation rather than history was disappointing.

The arbitration is around the services payments that have been withheld as the club is disputing the level of service provided. Ultimately, that is the issue with Kassam as he wants to squeeze every penny he can from the club. Kassam continues to move the goal posts, when no one was offering up a cash deal he kept saying that we only had to give him £13m and the ground was ours. Then DE puts together 3 bids, all of which are turned down because Kassam didn't want to sell to an individual. OxVox look to support a community bid and yet again he blocks any deal. This is why dealing with him is frustrating at best, pointless at worst.

Although it states that IF a deal could be done then an enhanced Kassam could be on the cards (even if this is very unlikely).

What do you expect Tiger to say if asked about his motives? Pointless question!

The sites are still being looked at so we are hardly going to spell out the full costings and who is paying what. And do you really think Tiger will declare himself the new Kassam with a plan to screw us over?

WOW signings weren't promised. However, Tiger has thrown his backing behind KR, and would probably point to the likes of Whyte, Mackie, Holmes and Browne being players who we are still waiting to see at their best. What else would you expect?

Tiger and all have already said funds will be available in January.

Don't know on DE, although I suspect that the vast majority (if not all has been paid off).

So nothing new.

The 1st two points I would assume are covered by confidentiality issues.

The Kassam was covered in the update in the Stadium section: "in addition to remaining at an enhanced Kassam Stadium, should a suitable agreement be reached".

They did ask Tiger his motives, pretty much, when asking if it was "money making venture" and he said it wasn't as there was easier ways to make money. Again, It is in the update.

I suspect the question about which company owns the stadium will be something to actually ask if Grenoble Rd is near being bought or they actually get another site and there is likelihood/a chance of getting the thing built which is a long, long way off.

You could have asked about the "Wow" signings yourself at the fans forum either directly or by sending in a question.

The last 2 are fair questions but the January transfer window at present would only be words when the only real answer will be through the actions of the club at that time.

The arbitration is around the services payments that have been withheld as the club is disputing the level of service provided. Ultimately, that is the issue with Kassam as he wants to squeeze every penny he can from the club. Kassam continues to move the goal posts, when no one was offering up a cash deal he kept saying that we only had to give him £13m and the ground was ours. Then DE puts together 3 bids, all of which are turned down because Kassam didn't want to sell to an individual. OxVox look to support a community bid and yet again he blocks any deal. This is why dealing with him is frustrating at best, pointless at worst.

Although it states that IF a deal could be done then an enhanced Kassam could be on the cards (even if this is very unlikely).

What do you expect Tiger to say if asked about his motives? Pointless question!

The sites are still being looked at so we are hardly going to spell out the full costings and who is paying what. And do you really think Tiger will declare himself the new Kassam with a plan to screw us over?

WOW signings weren't promised. However, Tiger has thrown his backing behind KR, and would probably point to the likes of Whyte, Mackie, Holmes and Browne being players who we are still waiting to see at their best. What else would you expect?

Tiger and all have already said funds will be available in January.

Don't know on DE, although I suspect that the vast majority (if not all has been paid off).

So why did the parties get so close re; Kassam, but not conclude e.g. what was the stumbling block(s)? Was this before they felt the relationship deteriated?

Where are we now with Kassam?

I know they’re not going to say where the 5 sites are, that’s obvious.

Tiger could say, I’m here for the club and that whatever we do e.g. new stadium etc it’ll be owned by the Trust/community etc!! e.g. we’re not here to just make money out of cheap land that we’ve leveraged out of the fans/club wanting to escape from the current situation to just find themselves in a previously known situation e.g. the same one/reasons that Kassam used.

So why did the parties get so close re; Kassam, but not conclude e.g. what was the stumbling block(s)? Was this before they felt the relationship deteriated?

Where are we now with Kassam?

I know they’re not going to say where the 5 sites are, that’s obvious.

Tiger could say, I’m here for the club and that whatever we do e.g. new stadium etc it’ll be owned by the Trust/community etc!! e.g. we’re not here to just make money out of cheap land that we’ve leveraged out of the fans/club wanting to escape from the current situation to just find themselves in a previously known situation e.g. the same one/reasons that Kassam used.

Kassam knows that he holds all the cards so probably gets off on the fact that he can toy with everyone before dropping any deal. He is a f@ck knuckle, and I'm not sure anyone could get a deal with him without it being entirely on his terms. I suspect the relationship turned when DE got pissed off with him and stopped paying the service charge.

I doubt that Tiger has even had the chance to have a proper relationship with Kassam as he is still sulking about his money. However, never say never and if we looked like we were going to kill his golden goose he MAY start playing ball.

Tiger has said he's here for the long term, to bring success and not to see this as a money making scheme. You might not believe that, but then you wouldn't believe anything he said so why ask?

Kassam knows that he holds all the cards so probably gets off on the fact that he can toy with everyone before dropping any deal. He is a f@ck knuckle, and I'm not sure anyone could get a deal with him without it being entirely on his terms. I suspect the relationship turned when DE got pissed off with him and stopped paying the service charge.

I doubt that Tiger has even had the chance to have a proper relationship with Kassam as he is still sulking about his money. However, never say never and if we looked like we were going to kill his golden goose he MAY start playing ball.

Tiger has said he's here for the long term, to bring success and not to see this as a money making scheme. You might not believe that, but then you wouldn't believe anything he said so why ask?

Totally agree with you re; Kassam.

Be interesting to see if Darryl left us in more debt as he said the debt wouldn’t increase during his watch. Apologies for being sceptical re; Tiger, but when he’s got no plan or one that we’re not sure of, and didn’t know what Kassam was like which I find extraordinary or extremely naive.

I expect tiger has and will have a better relationship than Oxvox will ever try and achieve with FK.
I see there was no approach to FK in the Oxvox statement, did they approach him for a comment so he could put his side of the points raised.

I expect tiger has and will have a better relationship than Oxvox will ever try and achieve with FK.
I see there was no approach to FK in the Oxvox statement, did they approach him for a comment so he could put his side of the points raised.

I have no idea, but OxVox are in an ever growing group of people who have tried to work with Kassam without success. I wouldn't be surprised if they've not given up on ever getting anything our glorious custodian!

I would very much hope Tiger does manage to get a good relationship with Kassam but i'm sorry to disappoint you, we were actually in touch with him with regards to setting up the sensory room at the stadium months ago, where along with the club, the community trust and some fabulous volunteers he helped facilitate Jigsaw in the running of the room. Since then we have contacted him twice with a view to arranging a meeting to discuss a number of issues. As of yet we haven't had anything back but we are hopeful of booking something in within the next few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom