Interim update

Possibly, but I think a few quid lost in gate receipts (and, relatively, that's all it would be) would be an irrelevancy to Tiger and co, who have their eyes on a much bigger prize. Shouting at the directors might help blow off steam, so go ahead, but the main man won't be there!

Well you are right, but a drop in attendance will have an effect, not that I’m advocating this although the way things are going that will happen. Shouting at the directors would indeed let off steam and as you say Tiger won’t be there.

I couldn't agree much more with this, but I wouldn't get your hopes up. If the Third Man (Thohir) arrives on the board and if he invests (and if the other 1 (the German) does) Tiger (I almost said 'we', I must lose that habit) will have 2 investors who have made money from land and property development in 3rd world countries (on a level with the UK) and the grandson of the keeper of the key to the holy sepulchre whose purpose is unclear to me, perhaps he's the link with the good burghers of our university and our rulers.

Wash out of your minds any idea of investment in the football club except as a beard behind which to get some real-estate development pushed through.

Try to dismiss the idea that this is our club from your heads.

The best you can hope for is that the club is tolerated as one tenant among many in a purpose-build mall and sports entertainment complex with TGI Fridays and Nandos franchises and a Boden outlet so our new breed of supporters can get their red trousers conveniently.

The worst? That it all falls through and the club gradually dwindles down the shitter that is the Kassam until the license ends and the clouds draw a veil over the death of football as a supporters' sport.

This post needs to be posted on the front page of this forum so everyone reads it!

You can only move things forward by dialogue.
I agree but after 18 years dialogue has achieved....well absolutely nothing.
We still play in a three sided stadium that is deteriorating year by year.
A mate of mine said years ago that Kassam would never seriously sell. He would talk and nothing would happen.

I quite agree. But all the fun of the forum is built around misconstruing gossip and hearsay. We would be lost without it.

Are you still up for that swingers party we spoke about? I got you that gimp mask you wanted....?

I agree but after 18 years dialogue has achieved....well absolutely nothing.
We still play in a three sided stadium that is deteriorating year by year.
A mate of mine said years ago that Kassam would never seriously sell. He would talk and nothing would happen.
:D what a feeble answer, a supporters trust should talk to all the parties so they can judge for themselves what the situation is, not fed 3rd hand talk that might be true or not.

:D what a feeble answer, a supporters trust should talk to all the parties so they can judge for themselves what the situation is, not fed 3rd hand talk that might be true or not.
Oh I wasnot referring to the supporters trust and I totally agree with you in that.
I was giving my personal view that FK may talk a lot but has and never has had any intention to be reasonable to the club. After 18 years in my view many gave tried and failed to make any progress with FK.

They will also have to explain what has changed so fundamentally over the past two years to move away from the KasStad being the only option.

What has fundamentally changed? Nothing. Other than the club owners I suppose. And the chairman and vice chairman of OxVox. And a proportion of the committee. And a number of new club directors. And the fact that we draw ever closer to the licence renewal. Apart from that you are quite right, nothing has changed.

What has fundamentally changed? Nothing. Other than the club owners I suppose. And the chairman and vice chairman of OxVox. And a proportion of the committee. And a number of new club directors. And the fact that we draw ever closer to the licence renewal. Apart from that you are quite right, nothing has changed.
What has the change in club ownership got to do with it? Or a new OxVox chairman?

The OxVox “study” into ground options was supposedly independent of the club and there was a very firm conclusion that it was the KasStad or nowhere. IF that conclusion has changed, then it’s reasonable to wonder what has led to that change, surely? And that is IF it’s changed of course.

What has the change in club ownership got to do with it? Or a new OxVox chairman?

The OxVox “study” into ground options was supposedly independent of the club and there was a very firm conclusion that it was the KasStad or nowhere. IF that conclusion has changed, then it’s reasonable to wonder what has led to that change, surely? And that is IF it’s changed of course.

What has changed is that the councils are throwing what weight they have behind a possible move, and in addition, this could well be a cash move. Previously DE (and SD/Charlie and WE) were looking at grants, council funding and deals to cash in on the sale of the Kassam for housing etc. IF we are now looking at the potential for larger investment then that opens up more options.

What has changed is that the councils are throwing what weight they have behind a possible move, and in addition, this could well be a cash move.
Are they though? If that were the case I would expect this week’s statement to have been a joint one, with quotes from council officials etc

And if they are, it raises the same question, why have they decided that now is the time to “throw what weight they have” behind a move?

To my mind, the club’s statement smacks of a ham-fisted attempt to bully Kassam into ceding some ground. And we all know how that would work out....

Are they though? If that were the case I would expect this week’s statement to have been a joint one, with quotes from council officials etc

And if they are, it raises the same question, why have they decided that now is the time to “throw what weight they have” behind a move?

To my mind, the club’s statement smacks of a ham-fisted attempt to bully Kassam into ceding some ground. And we all know how that would work out....

The political landscape has changed, and as mentioned before, we are now looking at the Oxford to Cambridge expressway which will open up more development opportunities. Also, it is one thing looking at land that teh council will approve for use, and another to expect them to fund a big chuck of it. IF we are looking at the potential investment of someone like Erick, then this can all be privately funded and the relevant councils have little reason not to back it.

Obviously this may just be a way to get Kassam to take notice, but what else do we do? We have tried being nice and got nowhere. We have had offers made on the ground that have been declined because Kassam doesn't want to sell to an individual. We have looked at a community stadium, but still got nowhere. We might as well play dirty and level the playing field!

If only there was someone involved with the club with a bit of PR common sense. It seems to be a disaster zone with everything that comes out of Robinson's mouth blaming players, training grounds, international call-ups, the stadium etc. The new owners suddenly putting out a statement blaming Kassam for the service charge dispute, to which he quickly hit back, and then potentially decided to spite us some more has apparently restricted our access to the ground, and replaced the pitch management team. This week we have a risible statement about moving grounds with no real clue as to how or where. All the while, Tiger is flitting around the world whilst his missus instagrams flights and meals, and we have no real clue as to what his ideas for the club are, though the two new directors suggest it's a property play again.

I don't feel as though there is any secrecy (deliberately hiding information) rather it is just allowing the process to be completed in due course.

As mentioned previously, you don't just declare an interest in a site one day and move the builders in the next. There are many hurdles to overcome first, and some of these are best down away from public and media glare. Equally if we are looking at bringing additional investors into the club, it is perhaps right that we wait for this to be agreed before commenting (especially as there was criticism of Tiger mentioning the Inter Milan guy).

Patience is not something many of us have, but waiting for the right information is far better than rushing in for gossip and hearsay.

All very valid. Just watch land prices go through the roof when our friendly farmer finds out how much money could be floating around!

I don't feel as though there is any secrecy (deliberately hiding information) rather it is just allowing the process to be completed in due course.

As mentioned previously, you don't just declare an interest in a site one day and move the builders in the next. There are many hurdles to overcome first, and some of these are best down away from public and media glare. Equally if we are looking at bringing additional investors into the club, it is perhaps right that we wait for this to be agreed before commenting (especially as there was criticism of Tiger mentioning the Inter Milan guy).

Patience is not something many of us have, but waiting for the right information is far better than rushing in for gossip and hearsay.
In this case what's the right information?
Something Oxvox says?
Something the club Mcwilliams says?
Something the Oxford mail says?
Something FK says?
Something the council sound bites?
Something Tigers says?
So you are saying we have to believe anything we are fed, because we can't think for ourselves until this "right information" comes out, hasn't any of that right information come our already or do we sit waiting for a grand announcement while the s**t grows around us.

We’ve learnt nothing new! Not sure if we actually need a trust now or whether a supporter representation on the board would be suffice?

Regarding the comment about renegotiating a new licence at the Kassam being the simpliest, and that the two parties were close to an agreement, are you able to divulge why an agreement couldn’t have been met? e.g. what the stumbling block(s) were?

Also, you say that the club’s initial position was to renegotiate a new licence at the Kassam, so can I ask was this prior to Tiger and Niall being treated poorly by Kassam etc during their recent trip to Monaco? And are they still continuing with this option or is it a matter of just pursuing the other 5 sites now?

Regarding the arbitration, it was Darryl I believe on behalf of the club that initiated this issue, so are we to presume that Tiger etc still take this same position/belief and continue with the case? ps I think it’s poor that Niall said that the hoped to conclude by Christmas, but still couldn’t guarantee this e.g. still no timeframe!

I’m also disappointed the amount of times Niall says he’ll need to check and come back to us, but NEVER does e.g. ticking box exercise to keep us quiet, but no substance.

Last edited:
Arbitration means both sides have to come to an agreement, so don't hold your breath.

So the rent is between £300,000 and £400,000. The rest is made up from VAT and service charge which very little if any goes to Ka££am so who do you believe? Other than that we as supporters have very little if any more information to calm the concerns.

Back
Top Bottom